Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    That would be the thing I'd worry about with soccer games in particular. I'm sure there are many younger rec league teams or club teams that probably try and get together and go to college games as a team a couple times a season. Maybe the university could establish a relationship with the local youth leagues where teams like that get in for free.
    Why go to that expense to attract youth soccer fans? That happens now. The change in policy might generate a couple hundred paid admissions per game and threaten the loss a far greater number of short term and long term fans. It seems short sighted and foolish to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Why go to that expense to attract youth soccer fans? That happens now. The change in policy might generate a couple hundred paid admissions per game and threaten the loss a far greater number of short term and long term fans. It seems short sighted and foolish to me.
    It's short sighted and foolish to let teams of kids come for free? I don't think I understand. I'm pretty sure eight year old kids aren't thinking about whether or not they can get in to the game for free. Some of those kids might only get to go to a game because their rec coach would want to take their entire team.

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    It's short sighted and foolish to let teams of kids come for free? I don't think I understand. I'm pretty sure eight year old kids aren't thinking about whether or not they can get in to the game for free. Some of those kids might only get to go to a game because their rec coach would want to take their entire team.
    You misinterpret me. My position (stated in other posts in this thread) is clear: I oppose charging admission for the LAX and Soccer games.

What I think if foolish is imposing admission charges and then expending resources to seek out groups to admit free. I think you build fan base by attracting more young fans. Admission fees to not encourage more fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    You misinterpret me. My position (stated in other posts in this thread) is clear: I oppose charging admission for the LAX and Soccer games.

What I think if foolish is imposing admission charges and then expending resources to seek out groups to admit free. I think you build fan base by attracting more young fans. Admission fees to not encourage more fans.
    OK. I'm with you now. I'd be in the group that thinks they shouldn't charge anyway, but I'd hope that they'd be accomodating for the groups I was talking about if that'd be an available alternative.