View Poll Results: What is your favorite cooking show?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • 30 Minute Meals (Rachael Ray)

0 0%
  • Cajun Cooking (Justin Wilson)

0 0%
  • Emeril Live (Emeril Lagasse)

1 2.63%
  • The F-Word (Gordon Ramsay)

0 0%
  • The French Chef (Julia Child)

1 2.63%
  • The Frugal Gourmet (Jeff Smith)

1 2.63%
  • Good Eats (Alton Brown)

16 42.11%
  • Iron Chef

5 13.16%
  • Iron Chef America

3 7.89%
  • Two Fat Ladies

0 0%
  • Yan Can Cook (Martin Yan)

0 0%
  • Other

11 28.95%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    To sell Bobby short due to a rice error, and based upon his record on Throwdown seems a bit unfair. On Throwdown, he challenges an expert that has spent considerable amount of time perfecting a single recipe. Bobby, on the other hand, experiments with variants on the dish and takes huge risks to gain advantages. And it's not like he gets his butt handed to him; his dishes usually impress the judges and rival chef. I'm down with Bobby even if he is a tool sometimes.
    I think Bobby Flay is an egotistical jerk. That being said, his humble side does tend to come out on Throwdown.

Just my $.02

If I ever saw it, I might have voted for Yan Can Cook. I remember seeing it many years ago...is he still doing new episodes? Or are they just re-runs?

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I think Bobby Flay is an egotistical jerk. That being said, his humble side does tend to come out on Throwdown.

Just my $.02
    tonight there was a rematch and he was feeling the heat but ultimately won. of course he shows off a test kitchen with 30+ people working away in nyc before he heads to the competition. he would've been smoked tonight if the competition didn't drop the ball with the vegetable skewers. they had slabs of half a sweet potato on a skewer. one judge was like "i'm not sure how to eat this." and they left the skin on. you ever tasted dried out sweet potato skin? grilled sweet potato is great but leave the skin off.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post

Just my $.02
    Right on sue. I can feel you a bit on the ego, not sure about the jerk part (if you exclude that whole Iron Chef debacle). Wait a minute. Did you just comment on a cooking show? I mean, you... cooking... it just doesn't add up.

Regarding Emeril

I just figured what bums me out about Emeril. The guy over uses his damn "essence". He puts it on everything! Not to mention, I think his whole "bam!" shtick was kinda cute the first few dozen times, but now it's getting a little played out. The guy, and his show, are a live cooking informercial. Bummer, cuz he's a killer chef.