Thread: Front page pic

Front page pic

Did all the players give K their medals to wear?

I was just wondering the same thing! I would assume that is the case, which is fantastic, but if anyone has more info I, too, would appreciate it

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer...t&lid=tab1pos1

5th paragraph...all the american players hung the gold medals around K's neck as well as the other coaches and Colangelo's (director of USA basketball) neck

Front page of the Raleigh News & Observer today. I expect the evening news will be filled will be filled with reports of pharmacies being overrun by kerolina fans requesting oxy-contin for pain.

anyone know where to find a bigger, more desktop background friendly, version of the pic with K wearing all the medals?

Quote Originally Posted by DGood View Post
    Did all the players give K their medals to wear?
    I assumed they did, but watching a recap during the Closing Ceremonies last night, Tayshaun clearly still had his medal on at one point. It's possible he later put it on Coach K, but he did have it on at a point where most of the medals were on and pictures where being taken.

Another poster said yesterday in another thread that Dwight Howard still had his on.

Possible scenario: all the players started putting their medals on Coach K, and after about 8 or 9 or 10 (gold is very heavy) Coach K said "Thanks, but this is enough, I'm going to fall over if you add another".

After the medal ceremony they all huddled around Coach K and hung medals around his neck. Guess because coaches do not get medals. Then Coach K took all of the medals and hung them around Colangelo's neck. They just took photos then all the players got their medals back.

Did anyone catch Kobe pouring a bottle of water on K's head towards the end of the final game? It was pretty funny!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    They didn't all do it, I'm not sure who didn't. I doubt it was a slight, probably more whoever it was had been distracted and didn't catch everyone doing it. Anyways, here is a quote from this article.
    "Coach Mike Krzyzewski later blew kisses to that same group of fans before nearly all the American players took the medals off their own necks and hung them around his neck. They then draped their medals around the neck of USA Basketball director Jerry Colangelo, then did the same to the three assistant coaches: Jim Boeheim, Mike D'Antoni and Nate McMillan. "

this might be better

Quote Originally Posted by tbcook View Post
    anyone know where to find a bigger, more desktop background friendly, version of the pic with K wearing all the medals?

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    Did anyone catch Kobe pouring a bottle of water on K's head towards the end of the final game? It was pretty funny!
    It was wonderful! K looked a little non-plussed, something we rarely see.
    I love him!

Blue Devil Photos

Any chance that Blue Devils Photos or another site will be selling the team picture with Coach K (+ Boozer) with the medals?

Photo

Quote Originally Posted by tbcook View Post
    Here's another version from the Dallas Morning news. If you click on the photo, it gets bigger.

http://olympicsblog.dallasnews.com/a...basketbal.html

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    (gold is very heavy)
    Actually, gold medals are filled with silver, and only the outside is gold. It has been that way for a while. At least that's what the local news "did you know" segment said.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    It was wonderful! K looked a little non-plussed, something we rarely see.
    I love him!
    And he looks a bit younger than ever!

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    Here's another version from the Dallas Morning news. If you click on the photo, it gets bigger.

http://olympicsblog.dallasnews.com/a...basketbal.html

Looks like Phelps' record was short-lived!

Photo

It looks like the Coach K photo has gone international. In Spain it has appeared in Marca, the sports daily that started the controversy with the photo of the Spanish team.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/b...o/1158111.html

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    It looks like the Coach K photo has gone international. In Spain it has appeared in Marca, the sports daily that started the controversy with the photo of the Spanish team.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/b...o/1158111.html
    the comments section contains some Carolina/Maryland-esque posts, including allegations that the US team was doping, and that according to FIBA, Spain is still the champion.

doping

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    the comments section contains some Carolina/Maryland-esque posts, including allegations that the US team was doping, and that according to FIBA, Spain is still the champion.
    they must be thinking of Marion Jones