Thread: Crystal's book

Crystal's book

I assume it will be listed on the NYT best sellers list under the fiction heading.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Pretty disgusting she is going to profit. Hopefully the ghost writer charged a hefty fee. Maybe Nifong can write her forward.

So, she's mentally disturbed enough to not be charged with filing a false police report (etc) but not so bad she can't write a book and try to profit from the episode?

It will be really interesting to see if she re-alleges that the Duke students raped her, as I would assume the students' lawyers will quickly slap her with a defamation suit... and then her whole hope at profiting from this would quickly go down the drain...

book

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Pretty disgusting she is going to profit. Hopefully the ghost writer charged a hefty fee. Maybe Nifong can write her forward.
    That's assuming folks other than the gang of 88/9 and houston baker buy the book...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That's assuming folks other than the gang of 88/9 and houston baker buy the book...
    Don't forget Nancy Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Don't forget Nancy Grace.
    I have.

Pretty disgusting she is going to profit.

Sez who?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I have.
    I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I love you.
    All in a day's work.

Unfortunately, Crystal will likely profit off of this, as people will but it out of curiosity; if nothing else.

The thing that really upsets me is that sometimes people who I talk to from out of town believe that there is still some debate as to whether or not the Duke students are guilty, and that they just 'got off because they are lucky.' This will only make those feelings worse and more prevalent...

Under copyright law, Nifong should be getting some of the profits, as he was a co-author of the story - a pretty fair work of fiction if not all that original. Nifong's plausible scenarios to fit the alleged evidence were very creative. Nifong could also argue under a theory of equity, that he should be entitled to a share of the profits because created the entire enterprise and generated all of the publicity. Oh wait, Nifong's not a lawyer any more - darn - maybe he can find another lawyer as sleazy as he was.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    So, she's mentally disturbed enough to not be charged with filing a false police report (etc) but not so bad she can't write a book and try to profit from the episode?
    The press release indicates that she is considering law school - interesting choice. Most law schools might have an issue with her past conduct. Even if she were to graduate, the fitness and character portion of the bar application might be a daunting hurdle for her.