Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

2:30 AM Sunday Roll Call

Okay, guys, who's in for live viewing of the Gold Medal game?

This is a huge game for USA basketball pride, and a legacy game for our beloved Coach K. The players have contributed what is usually time off during the summer, in some cases for 3 summers. Jerry Colangelo and Coach K have worked tirelessly to put together a great team both on and off the court, true ambassadors. But as far as they have come, losing the championship game would make the overall result a disappointment. This is a "must win" game.

Speaking as a "slightly older" (well, maybe not slightly) alum, I can't recall the last time I chose to be up between 2:30 AM and 4:30 AM. Given the occasion, I'm willing to modify my weekend nap schedule, and forego that second glass of wine on Saturday evening.

I will be in front of the TV at 2:30 AM Sunday to cheer on our coach and team. Who else is in?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post

This is a huge game for USA basketball pride, and a legacy game for our beloved Coach K. The players have contributed what is usually time off during the summer, in some cases for 3 summers. Jerry Colangelo and Coach K have worked tirelessly to put together a great team both on and off the court, true ambassadors. But as far as they have come, losing the championship game would make the overall result a disappointment. This is a "must win" game.

Speaking as a "slightly older" (well, maybe not slightly) alum, I can't recall the last time I chose to be up between 2:30 AM and 4:30 AM. Given the occasion, I'm willing to modify my weekend nap schedule, and forego that second glass of wine on Saturday evening.

I will be in front of the TV at 2:30 AM Sunday to cheer on our coach and team. Who else is in?
    Assuming that they actually show this one live on the West Coast, I'm all about staying up until the wee hours of 11:30 PM to watch the game.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Of course.

Count me in for sure as the game is 3:30 Sunday afternoon in my time zone.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I'm watching. Gonna be at work shortly after, too. I will drool all over my first client's keyboard in celebration or defeat..but it will be drool with feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Assuming that they actually show this one live on the West Coast, I'm all about staying up until the wee hours of 11:30 PM to watch the game.
    Ditto, but if the game is delayed, I'll probably try to watch it online at work.

I'll be there. I say we make it a SnrubChat night.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Word. Punchy 3am snrubchatting ought to be entertaining.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I'm down for the Tip-Off ... GO USA !

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Word. Punchy 3am snrubchatting ought to be entertaining.
    Amen. What say you thoaty? Can you get drunk for Snrub and give us a show?

2:30am.... rough

I live here in Durham and I will be up at 2:30 watchin the USA beat Spain by 34

Dvr! Dvr! Dvr!
    ~rthomas

I'm in... but there ain't no computer in the weezie boudoir so I won't be chatting. Hope the husband doesn't mind the TV glare.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Amen, and great post...and great suggestion Billybreen.

Count me IN. I will be there, in force, but I'm not foregoing any wine, beer, etc.!

This will be fun and a DBR First!

-EJ

i'm in...

Given the occasion, I'm willing to modify my weekend nap schedule, and forego that second glass of wine on Saturday evening.
    I'll be on my third or fourth glass of wine by then, but I will be watching. I'll keep a spare bottle of Roederer handy for when we take the gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I'll be on my third or fourth glass of wine by then, but I will be watching. I'll keep a spare bottle of Roederer handy for when we take the gold.
    I'm in on that!

-EJ

Wait a minute. Just to be clear. The game is 2:30 a.m. Sunday? Not Monday? In other words, about 27 hours from now?

Not Sunday night, after midnight?

In other words, this is basically a late, late, Saturday night game, right?

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Wait a minute. Just to be clear. The game is 2:30 a.m. Sunday? Not Monday? In other words, about 27 hours from now?

Not Sunday night, after midnight?

In other words, this is basically a late, late, Saturday night game, right?

-EJ
    Yep - it's on 27 hours from now...NOT late Sunday night! I'm reading these posts from people talking about work soon afterwards, and I'm hoping they realize it's on late tomorrow (Sat) night!
    Last edited by Duke4Ever32; 08-22-2008 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke4Ever32 View Post
    Yep - it's on 27 hours from now...NOT late Sunday night! I'm reading these posts from people talking about work soon afterwards, and I'm hoping they realize it's on late tomorrow night!
    I most certainly didn't, and feel rather like an idiot now. I would like to retract any comments made in any thread about the poor timing of the final game, and I'll most certainly be up watching!

I'm glad someone that felt like using some common sense pointed this out, I never would have thought about it.