Gettin' the Led Out

How cool is it that London has plans to use Jimmy Page as part of their portion of Sunday's closing Olympic ceremonies which will mark the English assumption of the mantle of Olympic Summer Games host-- I hope he's sober, 'cause if he's on, Page is still the best, most innovative, most engaging rock guitarist I've ever heard... could be epic-- or it could be like unearthing a corpse-- we won't know till it happens, but if Zeppelin's shows in London this year are any indication, it will be a performance not to be missed!

Hmm, I'm surprised they didn't use the Stones. But then those guys well...I was going to make a funny joke here but it fizzled as I typed.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Hmm, I'm surprised they didn't use the Stones. But then those guys well...I was going to make a funny joke here but it fizzled as I typed.
    The Stones sizzled and didn't fizzle when they played at Wallace Wade two years ago.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    The Stones sizzled and didn't fizzle when they played at Wallace Wade two years ago.
    Who else could attract 3 generations of bras thrown on the stage?

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudge View Post
    How cool is it that London has plans to use Jimmy Page as part of their portion of Sunday's closing Olympic ceremonies which will mark the English assumption of the mantle of Olympic Summer Games host-- I hope he's sober, 'cause if he's on, Page is still the best, most innovative, most engaging rock guitarist I've ever heard... could be epic-- or it could be like unearthing a corpse-- we won't know till it happens, but if Zeppelin's shows in London this year are any indication, it will be a performance not to be missed!
    I'm a HUGE Zeppelin fan, always have been, but hadn't heard about this. Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    Who else could attract 3 generations of bras thrown on the stage?
    Indeed!

But who else might WANT to ?

They wanted to have Amy Winehouse, but figured she wouldn't be here in four years.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    They wanted to have Amy Winehouse, but figured she wouldn't be here in four years.
    Ouch... that's mean, but I'll admit, I laughed

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Apparently, Page cranked out Whole Lotta Love while onstage.