New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Do you visit your favorites? How many do you have?

I have so many favorite websites in my "favorites" that I can't count them all. I have no idea why I put half of them in there to start. Even sadder, there are maybe 2 "favorites" that are on my laptop, desktop, and work pc. The rest I guess I found and thought "wow I can't live without visiting this site at least once a week"! Note, these websites include such classics as "Fiberglass Boat Restoration Page, which of course no longer leads to anything about a fiberglass boat. And also included is my tropical weather report, which is one of the ones that I actually have on 3 computers. Live at the beach, follow your destiny!
    But for the most part, my favorites are so old and forgotten, the memories of my ex-wife's cooking are fresher.
    How many do you have, and how often do you actually visit them?

I don't have Favorites anymore. RSS feeds fill that role nicely.

I still use favorites, mine are organized into folders, etc. They number about 50 or so.

I can't remember who suggested "fail-blog.org" but whoever it was, and please speak up, I'd lick their feet!

That site is awesome and pretty much saved my day today!

Anyway, that said, I DO have a lot of "favorite" sites I no longer visit.

-EJ

I have 72 links on my FireFox bookmark toolbar. I use 37 of these on a daily basis, the rest at least once a week. DBR, of course, as well as online banking, several other fora, a couple of magazines with RSS feeds, Google Maps, facebook, Yahoo, and local news outlets comprise the bulk of the links.

I also have 45 folders of bookmarks, many of which I use on a seasonal basis. For example, I'm the event director for a Girl Scout Camporee. When we research workshops for the girls, I have many hundreds of links I look through. There are folders for my hobbies, health care, professional endeavors, and whatever else has piqued my curiosity. I'd probably say I have thousands of links in those 45 folders. But they're not used regularly. Maybe half aren't used at all?

I have many, many bookmarks. I'd say about 20-25 are visited on a daily basis, maybe about 20-30 more that are weekly or so, and the vast majority are rarely, if ever, visited. But you know, I may need it one day, so why delete it?

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I don't have Favorites anymore. RSS feeds fill that role nicely.
    +1. I find for most sites I frequent, it's just faster to start typing in the address bar, and selecting the URL that appears. Only time I set a favorite anymore is if the address is a realllllly long one, that overlaps with other, similar site addresses (primarily due to SharePoint silliness.)

Talking

Being a (mostly) computer A-hole, I have to sheepishly admit that the only website I frequent on a daily basis (or close to such), is DBR.

Life is too busy and full with other stuff for me. But then again, you're talking to someone who hasn't played a computer game since Smurfs and Pepper Two.

My apologies to you electronic folk. A great book or crossword/jigsaw puzzle, or a board game with friends, or watching damn-near any sports on TV intrigues me more.

Smile My Favorites looks like my non-computer desktop

I laugh whenever I see "Organize Favorites."

Although my Favorites is long, I rarely use them, except when doing finances.

I have hundreds of bookmarks, and I used to visit them regularly. Now, my new laptop is loaded with some operating system that allows me to open multiple home pages. I chose two: DBR and gmail.

Occasionally I'll refer to my online newspapers, shopping (Talbots), and, like Devil84, my online banking sites. Others, like the airlines, just come up when I type their web addresses in the little address bar, like DevilAlumna said.

I wonder how many DBR posters have made DBR their homepage?

I have hundreds of favorites, different sets at home and work with about 30-40% overlap. I use the ones at work often - each is a slightly different reference, specific sources relevant to what I do, and it's important to have them when I need them. The list could use some pruning, though; once I put something on there I rarely take it off. Lots at home, too, with probably a higher noise-to-signal ratio. On my top bar I have nine buttons that I can go to without accessing the favorites or bookmarks files. They are:

Google
    TinyURL
    BugMeNot
    weather
    DBR
    HoyaTalk
    cyclingnews
    my work blog
    my photo site

My home page is Salon. At work I have two home pages, Salon and my blog.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    +1. I find for most sites I frequent, it's just faster to start typing in the address bar, and selecting the URL that appears. Only time I set a favorite anymore is if the address is a realllllly long one, that overlaps with other, similar site addresses (primarily due to SharePoint silliness.)
    Word. That's how I get to the boards. And I've actually enjoyed Firefox's new address bar, so I guess I'm in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    I can't remember who suggested "fail-blog.org" but whoever it was, and please speak up, I'd lick their feet!
    That's what I'm talking about with the new Firefox bar. I typed 'fail' in the address bar, and Fail Blog was one of the first hits. Even if 'fail' hadn't been in the URL, it would have worked just as well.