Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I posted at the end of the regular season that people should take some time out to cherish the fact that the Women's team accomplished something this year that no basketball team has ever done at Duke before - go undefeated through the regular season. From the looks of this thread, that accomplishment is a distant memory, as this year is one most people would rather forget.

I'll be the first to admit that it was certainly very disappointing to see the women and men fall in the tournament and not have any postseason success, and to see Coach G decide to leave. However, if you look at this year's women's basketball team and see nothing but disappointment, then you truly need some perspective.
    "There can BE only one."

Only One Thing

I'd have to say over all this has been the worst year for Duke sports, mainly due to expectations and teams not living up to them. But there is one thing that could make thing twice as bad and put us all in a funk. Not getting Patrick Patterson would be a pin prick compared to Wright, Hansborough and Lawson ALL staying. As bad as things seem right now that would be like going from dark gray clouds to a tornado.

^ I could care less if those guys return. I'm more concerned with our teams and coaches.

War

I could care less if those guys return. I'm more concerned with our teams and coaches.

In any war it's prudent to concern ones self with that of yourself (strengths and deficiencies) as well as those of your enemy. Those &^%$#'s from down the road would be a lot easier to beat with a few less weapons in their arsenal and a few more weapons of mass dunkstration in our arsenal. Man, I have to stop reading Confucius and Nitche, my posts are starting to sound too philosophical.