Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You have my vote!

But then, again, when has Duke actually shown true concern or interest in its alumni or other supporters?

When did any of us get a letter that didn't start out "Dear Friend of Duke" or Dear Alumni? Gee, after spending a fortune in tuition you'd think they would at least know our names.

Duke tells everyone - especially the polls - that it has a great business school, but I haven't seen anything like a relationship marketing program from them. I get the alumni pablum from lots of schools and it's all the same. Duke doesn't show any creativity in its marketing. It's like leadership is something shown on paper or through lectures - it doesn't really exist there - or in its AD position.

All Duke asks us for is money. Even when they sent the letter regarding the lacrosse program, it was clear they were more concerned that alumni would not send donations.

Best of luck in your campaign, but I think Duke has the AD it deserves.

Ozzie for AD

You've got my vote. Four black weekends in a row, I don't think I can take a fifth. Wait a minute......That didn't sound right.

Well actually...

Quote Originally Posted by cniedringhaus View Post
    But then, again, when has Duke actually shown true concern or interest in its alumni or other supporters?

When did any of us get a letter that didn't start out "Dear Friend of Duke" or Dear Alumni? Gee, after spending a fortune in tuition you'd think they would at least know our names.

Duke tells everyone - especially the polls - that it has a great business school, but I haven't seen anything like a relationship marketing program from them. I get the alumni pablum from lots of schools and it's all the same. Duke doesn't show any creativity in its marketing. It's like leadership is something shown on paper or through lectures - it doesn't really exist there - or in its AD position.

All Duke asks us for is money. Even when they sent the letter regarding the lacrosse program, it was clear they were more concerned that alumni would not send donations.

Best of luck in your campaign, but I think Duke has the AD it deserves.
    Hi,

Duke sent me an email thanking me, by name, for contributing this year and for my continued support. I thought it was actually pretty well done.

GO DUKE!