Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOD (s)

GOD (s)

I was just sitting here thinking about all the gods humans worship while eating a bowl of split pea and ham soup.

That’s when the thought hit me.

Isn’t it ironic (a bit) that Muslims don’t eat pork, yet their god is named ‘Mo Hammed?”

This is not meant to be offensive. I mean, as a Christian, I’ve talked about coming up with the “perfect” brand of cheese, so delicious it will “save” any party occasion. I would call the line of cheese products: “Cheeses Christ.”

God has a sense of humor, right? Why else would we half the laugh mechanism?

-EarlJam

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    I was just sitting here thinking about all the gods humans worship while eating a bowl of split pea and ham soup.

That’s when the thought hit me.

Isn’t it ironic (a bit) that Muslims don’t eat pork, yet their god is named ‘Mo Hammed?”

This is not meant to be offensive. I mean, as a Christian, I’ve talked about coming up with the “perfect” brand of cheese, so delicious it will “save” any party occasion. I would call the line of cheese products: “Cheeses Christ.”

-EarlJam

Their God isn't called Mohammed. Their God is called Allah. Mohammed is merely God's prophet (although one of many for Muslims, including Jesus, Mohammed is the most important of them).

‘Mo Hammed?”
    “Cheeses Christ.”
    Mmm.. sacrilicious...

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Their God isn't called Mohammed. Their God is called Allah. Mohammed is merely God's prophet (although one of many for Muslims, including Jesus, Mohammed is the most important of them).
    Snap. I knew that. Still, the point is valid.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    Mmm.. sacrilicious...
    You know, they said Jesus was sacri....oh. Just caught what you wrote.

That's awesome!

-EJ

Snap. I knew that. Still, the point is valid.

-EarlJam
    Lol at you! Epic religious knowledge fail.

Mmm.. sacrilicious...
    brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Lol at you! Epic religious knowledge fail.
    Well, my mindset is that the prophet and God are one, like Jesus and God and such. So, in my altered state and narcoled fog, I just made, falsely, the association with Mohammed and Allah. It was a temporary snap, and you should practice some good spirituality by forgiving me instead of launching a heartless ad homeinigwem attack against me.

As Jesus said, "You without stones don't sin because if you do, then stones may be thrown at you, by people who are also sinners, and that's wrong!"

Well, my mindset is that the prophet and God are one, like Jesus and God and such. So, in my altered state and narcoled fog, I just made, falsely, the association with Mohammed and Allah. It was a temporary snap, and you should practice some good spirituality by forgiving me instead of launching a heartless ad homeinigwem attack against me.

As Jesus said, "You without stones don't sin because if you do, then stones may be thrown at you, by people who are also sinners, and that's wrong!"
    Dude, I'm an atheist. That means I'm free to ad hominid you into the ground.

Actually, that would only serve to perpetuate false stereotypes of the religiousless. I forgive you.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    "I don't want to start
    Any blasphemous rumours
    But I think that God's
    Got a sick sense of humour
    And when I die
    I expect to find Him laughing." --Depeche Mode

Lightbulb

"If God had a name what would it be?
    And would you call it to his face?
    If you were faced with Him in all His glory
    What would you ask if you had just one question?"
    - Eric Bazilian / Joan Osborne

I think I'm Buddhalicious.

Buddha said "What we think, we become." Frank Zappa said "You are what you eat."
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    I think I'm Buddhalicious.
    Now I'm just Confuscious.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    "If God had a name what would it be?
    And would you call it to his face?
    If you were faced with Him in all His glory
    What would you ask if you had just one question?"
    - Eric Bazilian / Joan Osborne
    What would I ask if I had just one question? Either "Dude, what is your problem?" or "How do you explain all of the crappy things you've let happen over the centuries?"

What would I ask if I had just one question? Either "Dude, what is your problem?" or "How do you explain all of the crappy things you've let happen over the centuries?"
    I was just gonna ask what was up with ear lobes.

Potential slogan: Cheeses is Lard.
    Last edited by 2535Miles; 08-20-2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Forgot the slogan bit

As long as you don't waste it on "what is the answer to life, the universe, and everything?" That's already been answered.

I can refer you to many books, both fictional (see below) and non-fiction, on the topic if you want.

I personally would ask for an explanation of how we are simultaneously under God's complete sovereignty and yet also have free will - and while I'm at it I'd ask the related question of how light seems to be both a wave and a particle.

Oh and Joan Osborne is silly - since all the questions in her song have basically been answered =)

When the time comes to you at which you will be forced at last to utter the speech which has lain at the center of your soul for years, which you have, all that time, idiot-like, been saying over and over, you'll not talk about the joy of words. I saw well why the gods do not speak to us openly, nor let us answer. Till that word can be dug out of us, why should they hear the babble that we think we mean? How can they meet us face to face till we have faces?
    --Till We Have Faces, C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    I personally would ask for an explanation of how we are simultaneously under God's complete sovereignty and yet also have free will - and while I'm at it I'd ask the related question of how light seems to be both a wave and a particle.
    @God: Can you create an object so heavy, that even you can't lift it?

@God: Can you create an object so heavy, that even you can't lift it?
    @God: Give Hansbrough a 10-inch tapeworm on March 1, 2009.