Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Carmelo

Carmelo more than anybody on the USA team (including Lebron) has been an absolute target. Part of it is the way he plays, his game...but he gets bodied up and hacked like no other player. I dont mind seeing him sticking up for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by devildownunder View Post
    Also, Scola raked his finger down across Howard's face on that play. It's never a smart move for a player to try to do something that would lead to a fight and a ejection but an angry response from someone on the floor for team USA was certainly understandable. I don't think you can label Anthony a hothead over this incident.
    Besides, we all know Carmelo is way too fast to get in a fight anyway (0:33 mark)

From the games I've seen, I think Melo brings a lot to the team. Having said that, I just watched the play, and he clearly overreacted, and it's a good thing Kidd was standing right there.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Why is your heart so full of hate? (there is supposed to be a smiley face here).

-EJ
    No hate, just love and some competitive predictability with a quality opponent. Also just childishly mad that noone gave me props for my very close final score prediction (103-81). If Boozer hadn't missed that final, sort of awful shot that he took, I would have been on the money exactly.