Dominique Dawes loves Duke!

Dominique Dawes, the first African American to win an Olympic gymnastics medal, stopped by the Team USA practice today. While Dwight Howard fell to the floor in awe, Dawes shook Boozer's hand and told him she's "a big Duke fan."

Video
    Story

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Dominique Dawes, the first African American to win an Olympic gymnastics medal, stopped by the Team USA practice today. While Dwight Howard fell to the floor in awe, Dawes shook Boozer's hand and told him she's "a big Duke fan."

Video
    Story
    She gets extra points for being a big Duke fan because she attended and graduated in 2002 from the University of Maryland at College Park.

I can imagine her saying, "Yeah, Carlos, I was there when some of our so-called fans threw stuff and hit your mom with a water bottle, but it was great to see the 10 points in 54 seconds miracle."

I love it but I believe we need to move this to OTP.

Oh yeah - I STILL have a crush on Dawes...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    I love it but I believe we need to move this to OTP.
    OTP? Off Topic Posse?
    By the way, good catch there Roy. That's a funny thought.

I like to think of it as "Off Topic Playland", it's the only place you can post just for fun...

Invariably, this conversation should go to gymanstics right?

Seriously, just the thought of her reminds me of Kerry Sprung as well. I don't even think I've seen any footage of that in this year's Olympics. I've seen Bella though. However he just kinda creeps me out.

Those girls set the bar QUITE high in Dawes' day.

I've watched her grow into a beautiful woman. She is the only reason I could've EVER thought of to go to UMD...

I like to think of it as "Off Topic Playland", it's the only place you can post just for fun...

Invariably, this conversation should go to gymanstics right?

Seriously, just the thought of her reminds me of Kerry Sprung as well. I don't even think I've seen any footage of that in this year's Olympics. I've seen Bella though. However he just kinda creeps me out.

Those girls set the bar QUITE high in Dawes' day.

I've watched her grow into a beautiful woman. She is the only reason I could've EVER thought of to go to UMD...
    I thought things related to Duke fans belong on the main board. I mean, anytime anyone anywhere says they hate Duke, it shows up on the EK. So why can't something positive go there?

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I thought things related to Duke fans belong on the main board. I mean, anytime anyone anywhere says they hate Duke, it shows up on the EK. So why can't something positive go there?
    Good point. Had gymnastics on my mind.

Good point. Had Dominique Dawes on my mind.
    Edit.

Red face

Dominique Dawes is a wonderful, gorgeous woman. Her decision to head to MD caused me much angst. She trained and competed in NoVa with my niece Danielle for years, and if Duke had a competitive Gym team she would have been there in a heartbeat. Sigh...another sport where our beloved Duke ceases to grab the opportunity.

Do you know that the University with the most Olympians is Stanford?

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    Do you know that the University with the most Olympians is Stanford?
    Not surprising, you should check out how many national championships they have in sports most of us hardly think about.

Hey, I can't lie. If I EVER meet Dominque Dawes, I'm gonna make like she's Candice and my new name is Shelden!!

Hey, I can't lie. If I EVER meet Dominque Dawes, I'm gonna make like she's Candice and my new name is Shelden!!
    For once, I agree with you. She is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    For once, I agree with you. She is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Every great hero needs an arch-enemy! LOL!

Every great hero needs an arch-enemy! LOL!
    I bet if we actually met, we'd be great friends! People can disagree on politics, etc., but get along personally just great.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    I bet if we actually met, we'd be great friends! People can disagree on politics, etc., but get along personally just great.
    I like ice cream and walks in the park. LOL!

And since I've been called out, I had to go ahead and take this all the way.

I present to you, Dominque Dawes!!!

http://www.dominiquedawes.com/