Thread: Dreams

Dreams

I don't know how many of you remember what you dream. They say we all dream when we sleep even if we don't remember it. (Okay there is a former Israeli soldier who was shot in the head, and no longer dreams when he sleeps; but most of us.) But I have and have always had the most vivid wacked dreams that usually make no sense at all. Someone I was in second grade with, will be in a dream with a girl I dated from Savannah along with a passed away relative, in a place I've made up in my mind and we will be looking for some odd thing or striving to do some weird task. I've had dreams where I'll be driving along, come upon a house, get out and go up to the door. When I open the door the inside isn't a house it's another demension with dragons flying and fighting one another. I'll make my way to a cave trying not to get attacked and when I enter the cave I'm at a family reunion down in Georgia.

Does anyone know if dreams can be annalyzed or if they actually mean anything at all? They say if you don't get REM sleep you aren't getting restful sleep that heals your body and mind. But when you have dreams that are so far out it makes you wake up more tired than when you went to bed. I'm also prone to having "night terrors" due to PTSD. Does anyone know if seeing a sleep researcher can help that, what it costs and if it is covered by insurance? And for what it's worth I dreamed UNC won the national championship three weeks before it happened in 2005. I woke up in a cold sweat and unfortunately that dream came true.

My SO has night terrors (yeah, I know, only after she started spending time with me) and once was analyzed in a sleep lab (to no avail) for it.

I have very vivid dreams, which frequently don't make lasting memories but occasionally do. The individual segments usually make linear sense but the way they flow doesn't. Sometimes they are wonderful, sometimes they are horrible. A high school buddy and a long-lost wonderful girlfriend make frequent appearances. So does anxiety in one form or another, including the classic exam dream. Tonight I fear I will dream that my TV will only get gymnastics and diving for the rest of eternity.

Sometimes I can trace dream content to unfinished business of one sort or another during the preceding day.

In high school a friend (not the same one) and I did a sleep and dream monitoring study for our science project, each of us staying up all night to monitor and take notes on the other's sleep and reported dreaming. We followed the classic pattern of intermittent dreams getting longer and longer before waking.

Did you see the great David Lynch movie Mulholland Drive? It only makes sense as a dream, and then it makes great sense.

Man, this thread really took off.

I remember my dreams. Sometimes can figure out my "unfinished business" is, sometimes it just doesn't make sense.

I really don't like the dreams that are so real you carry the feelings with you throughout the day.

Oh, and I've had dreams about DBR.

Since I started using Chantix to quit smoking I have been having some very vivid dreams. I don't usually remember dreams. Now I can remember 2-3 a night.

And, yes, Chantix is working for me!