Yesterdays Football Scrimmage Gallery

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Thanks. I'm loving the competition between Lewis and Asack. It's been a few years since I can remember the QB not getting hurt during the year, so it's great to read that they are both fighting hard. It sounds from coach's comments that it's Lewis' job, and Asack has some things that Cutcliffe would like him to work on, but I've enjoyed watching both in game situations. That's the other nice thing, they both have in-game experience. Zack has all my respect for sticking with the program and coming back to Duke. It has to have been hard on him. It was a situation he put himself in, and he seems to have done everything he can to make it right again with his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Thanks. I'm loving the competition between Lewis and Asack. It's been a few years since I can remember the QB not getting hurt during the year, so it's great to read that they are both fighting hard.
    While Lewis and Asack got most of the action, we did see freshman Sean Renfree run two or three series as well (as well as the fourth string QB). I must say that Renfree looked exceptional throwing the ball. I'm guessing that the staff would like to redshirt him this year, but one can certainly see the potential and why he is ranked so highly.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    While Lewis and Asack got most of the action, we did see freshman Sean Renfree run two or three series as well (as well as the fourth string QB). I must say that Renfree looked exceptional throwing the ball. I'm guessing that the staff would like to redshirt him this year, but one can certainly see the potential and why he is ranked so highly.
    I'm looking forward to seeing Cutcliffe's recruits in action. Were the plays balanced between running and throwing? Just wondering if with the RB injuries if they've lightened up the load, or tried to get the backups more experience running the plays.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing Cutcliffe's recruits in action. Were the plays balanced between running and throwing? Just wondering if with the RB injuries if they've lightened up the load, or tried to get the backups more experience running the plays.
    Duke has three freshman that will contrbute right away on offense. 1- Johnny Williams, WR 2- Jay Hollingsworth, RB 3- Patrick Kurunwune, RB

Sean Renfree (QB) has a lot of potential but may be a redshirt in that Lewis and Asack are both playing well. He's going to be a good one.