Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Is the game televised? I'm not getting it on NBC.

Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    The officiating in the Olympics is interesting, to say the least.

The USA guys are switching on every screen out on the perimeter, which is something we see with Duke all the time. I'm still not sold on the screen-roll defense down low, and our offense doesn't look great against the Greek zone.
    I'd actually call our defense decent to good early on. K obviously told them to give up the occasional layup in order to overplay the kickout for three. They have also (in typical Duke fasion) managed to push the offense further from the basket. Only 16 points in the first quarter!! As soon as the Offense picks up in the second quarter things could be good.

The game is on USA network.

We are stepping it up in the 2nd Quarter. The team is having trouble adjusting to the way the refs call the game.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by kramerbr View Post
    The game is on USA network.
    Thanks. Found it just as you posted.

Kobe and Dwade are passing out of their minds...impressive stuff

Dwyane Wade has really brought a spark off the bench, and the defensive effort has really stepped up with him on the court.

The US also plays much better with CP3 at the point instead of Kidd. It's a blessing in disguise that Kidd got 3 early fouls.

The US also plays much better with CP3 at the point instead of Kidd. It's a blessing in disguise that Kidd got 3 early fouls.
    I thought the same thing

For the first time this year, EVERY player on the court is playing good defense and offense. Bosh has been great.. AMAZING DEFENSE!! A very good second quarter!

On other boards they ask why Boozer doesn't play much. Big reason is Chris Bosh what a great 1st half.

11. Up 19 points at half time. Damn, was I too conservative in my forecast for 15 points? I expect Greece to turn it up a notch in the 2nd half but for USA to meet it punch for punch.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    ... AMAZING DEFENSE!!...
    QFT!

Gotta love the switching on those high screens and the ball pressure. It reminds me of a certain college team, but I can't remember their name. Blue something or other.

Team USA really needs to keep the pressure on in the second half. Don't let up guys!

Some people were saying we wouldn't be able to run against Greece. We weren't going coast to coast early on, but by the end of the second half, the throttle was completely let out. Aside from the missed alley-oop by Kobe, our passing has been close to perfect.

It will be interesting to see how much PT Boozer gets in the second half. Hopefully not much, becase Bosh has been great.

I'm totally wrong so far and loving it. Keep it up!

Seasoned observers of college basketball could have told you who was coaching this team just by watching the first half. Classic Krzyzewski defense. And after too much one-on-one take-your-man NBA offense in the first 6-8 minutes, the passing game really blossomed. Here's hoping our guys can maintain the intensity--and margin--through the second half.

Chris Bosh has been very impressive on the defensive end of the floor. 3 times at the end of the half he got switched out on Greek guards and he had two clean steals and a block.

On the other end of the floor Wade looks like he's back to the player he used to be. That play where he saved the ball from going out of bounds and managed to throw a perfect alley oop pass to Kobe was brilliant.

The team does play much better when Paul or Williams is in there instead of Kidd. Kidd gets the Irving G. Thalberg Lifetime Achievement Award and deserves to be on the team, but he's really not the same player he was even just 2 years ago.

Welcome to the Block Party. I'm your host Lebron James. Meet my friend Mr. Bosh.

MVP of the game: Jerry Colangelo for trusting Dwayne Wade, when Wade told him he'd be ready to play in China.

Even in the third... mostly due to much improved 3pt shooting from Greece. What were they, 5 of 6?

Dwyane Wade has really brought a spark off the bench, and the defensive effort has really stepped up with him on the court.

Maybe we are also luck that Kidd tried to throw that backboard pass to Lebron. I wonder if that will lead to more bench time for him. For the "elder statesman" of the group, that certainly wasn't leading by example the way Coach K would like and respecting the opponent. After Spain came back from 13 down on China, I would hope we would be more focused about putting the game away.