Olympics..."Happy Ending?"

I was just turning the TV on last night when they were doing a story on a Chinese athlete. I was with a friend of mine and the narrative to the story concluded with, “…..all in all, a happy ending for this Chinese athlete.”

My buddy and me just looked at each other in disbelief (his reaction gave validation that the comment was "odd."

They then cut to Costos and it looked like he was trying to suppress a smile/laugh before going to break.

Did anyone else catch this?

I can’t believe they used that term in that context.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    I was just turning the TV on last night when they were doing a story on a Chinese athlete. I was with a friend of mine and the narrative to the story concluded with, “…..all in all, a happy ending for this Chinese athlete.”

My buddy and me just looked at each other in disbelief (his reaction gave validation that the comment was "odd."

They then cut to Costos and it looked like he was trying to suppress a smile/laugh before going to break.

Did anyone else catch this?

I can’t believe they used that term in that context.

-EarlJam
    Some people at work joke about a "happy ending". I eat a Friendly's on occaison, and like the happy ending. But why is this funny? What am I missing?

"Me love you long time"

That was hysterical.

My wife and I have often discussed how all networks and especially all advertising agencies need to employ a college student who is their "unintended humor consultant." This person's job would be to steer their bosses away from doing things like this. This person would have to sit right next to Billy Packer and tell him during substitutions, "don't say Coach K is giving Horvath 'a blow'"

Of course, it goes the other way age-wise. I can't believe how many commercials for haircuts and ice cream and other sundries I've seen "Walk Right In," used for. The song is about illegal drug use.

PS - Fish80: A happy ending is when, at the end of a massage, the masseuse, er, manually satisfies the client, if you get my drift.
    Last edited by throatybeard; 08-12-2008 at 01:52 PM.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    That was hysterical.

My wife and I have often discussed how all networks and especially all advertising agencies need to employ a college student who is their "unintended humor consultant." This person's job would be to steer their from doing things like this. This person would have to sit right next to Billy Packer and tell him during substitutions, "don't say Coach K is giving Horvath 'a blow'"

Of course, it goes the other way age-wise. I can't believe how many commercials for haircuts and ice cream and other sundries I've seen "Walk Right In," used for. The song is about illegal drug use.

PS - Fish80: A happy ending is when, at the end of a massage, the masseuse, er, manually satisfies the client, if you get my drift.

So you DID notice it too? Did you notice Costas holding back a laugh?

Maybe I saw a different segment. The one I saw had Keri Walsh, the beach volleyball player, losing her wedding ring during a match. They had about 15 stadium personnel sift through the sand after the match. The guy who found it got to present it to Walsh later and she gave him a set of olympic pins, and autographed visor, and a traditional beach volleyball congratulations (a pat on the backside). Then Costas said something like "so it was a happy ending for all." I was cracking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz View Post
    Maybe I saw a different segment. The one I saw had Keri Walsh, the beach volleyball player, losing her wedding ring during a match. They had about 15 stadium personnel sift through the sand after the match. The guy who found it got to present it to Walsh later and she gave him a set of olympic pins, and autographed visor, and a traditional beach volleyball congratulations (a pat on the backside). Then Costas said something like "so it was a happy ending for all." I was cracking up.
    I think it's the same segment. Like I said, I had just turned on the TV. Costas was about to crack up. I thought it was quite funny.

-EarlJam

I still don't get it. An extra massage at the end? How is that funny?

Maybe you can draw a picture or send me a video. I'm a very visual learner.

Smile Ymm, Beer ... Happy Ending

Happy Ending is Sweetwater Brewery's January-February seasonal dry-hopped brew.

That's as opposed to Sweetwater Brewery's Belgian White Ale style brew, "Hummer."

Not all of their brews use this naming convention. Their new brew is Donkey Punch, a barleywine.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Not all of their brews use this naming convention. Their new brew is Donkey Punch, a barleywine.
    Umm, I wouldn't be so sure. I highly suggest you don't test your theory at urban dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Umm, I wouldn't be so sure. I highly suggest you don't test your theory at urban dictionary.
    Just for the record, I donkey-punched your mama last night.

-EJ

Mother-of-Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Just for the record, I donkey-punched your mama last night.

-EJ
    There are so many things I do not know. So much to learn, so little time.

A quick google found this donkey punch link. A word of caution, this is not for the timid. I for one am totally shocked. Wait till I tell my wife.

donkey-punch

Please, dear readers, I in no way endorse this site nor any of it's content. I find even offensive humor to be educational.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    There are so many things I do not know. So much to learn, so little time.

A quick google found this donkey punch link. A word of caution, this is not for the timid. I for one am totally shocked. Wait till I tell my wife.

donkey-punch

Please, dear readers, I in no way endorse this site nor any of it's content. I find even offensive humor to be educational.
    Oh my god. That is worse than a Strawberry Shortcake or a Greensboro Grinder!

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Guess I need one of those 18-yr-old monitors. QED, throaty.

Now I am wondering about their Sweetwater ESB. It DOES stand for English Style Bitter, right?

Uh oh, they also have the Sweetwater Blue, and Sweet Georgia Brown...

Cheers,
    Lavabe