New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

NBC delaying live Olympics on west coast

I live in the east, so I assumed that the live swimming I was watching was being seen by everyone in the US. NBC paid lots of money to have those events moved so Americans could watch the events as they unfolded. Well, it turns out that the folks out west are getting the shaft. I'm pretty sure you can watch live on MSNBC, but you have to have a good connection, and it still is not as good as TV.
    Knowing this, I have a suggestion. For those posting threads, don't put the results in the title (such as "Joe Blow wins gold"), so those who wish to remain surprised can wait until they've seen it to comment. The threads that are titled per sport work well.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I live in the east, so I assumed that the live swimming I was watching was being seen by everyone in the US. NBC paid lots of money to have those events moved so Americans could watch the events as they unfolded. Well, it turns out that the folks out west are getting the shaft. I'm pretty sure you can watch live on MSNBC, but you have to have a good connection, and it still is not as good as TV.
    Ummmm yeahhhhh. Not a happy morning for me. I wake up at 8am, and turn on... Meet the Press? Are you freaking kidding me?

I went to nbcolympics.com, and watched it live there. No audio commentary or sound (except what's picked up in the arena as crowd noise). Kind of like muting Billy Packer. But watching on a laptop for a few hours isn't quite my cup of tea.

Anyway, this SUCKS. NBC blows.

Ok so it's being shown here now... not too much later. Still, when I see something advertised as live, well, I'm not looking for a tape delay and I plan as if it's live.

Just me being annoyed.

Frankly, I was pleasantly surprised to tune into NBC coverage at 10:15AM, and have the game just starting. I'm enjoying my late morning coffee, wathcing the 2nd half of the game right now.

Oh, and thanks, CBB, for the mention of not posting spoilers - I vote for that proposal as well.

I guess now that I know it will be the equivalent of an East Coast tape delay, I can plan. Just waking up on Sundays peeves me so this was just icing this morning.

Still take issue w/ the commercials and promos advertising "Live" when it's not anywhere but back East.