Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The "cbs sucks" thread: Post comments about cbs' sucktitude here

It happens every year. Everyone's boundless enthusiasm for the NCAA Tournament lasts until about 12.15pm Eastern on Thursday, when cbs shoves some apnea-inducing Big Ten game up our collective rear ends... and never switches back.

When it happens... post here. And don't think it won't happen to you. It's not just a crappy game: maybe Clerk Kellogg's head has finally morphed into a basketball, or Seth has more than three hairs out of place, or this year's annual Dean Smith Honorary Studio Studio Analyst turns out to be none other than Jim Calhoun.

Remember, you can't spell "sucks" without "cbs".

Preemtive thought

I am all prepared to curse at CBS, Billy Packer and cutting to a new game after commercial, just as the new game goes to commercial.

However, I did realize yesterday that I will not have to deal with the sportscenter '30 at 30' and the driving of the program I chose to watch into a small screen while Dan Patrick tells me some stupid story about Barry Bonds or T.O.

CBS at least realizes we want to watch interesting games. And commercials, of course.

Exiled
    P.S. Gotta love living in the Triangle - Time Warner has all the regional feeds available up in the HD channel range - the 200's.

And.......

I'm assuming the Duke game is the first one of the evening (correct???) So we don't have to worry about some cut-in of another game's ending during the game. I HATE THAT!!! I ususally like seeing the endings of a good game during the tournament, but during the DUKE GAME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    I am all prepared to curse at CBS, Billy Packer and cutting to a new game after commercial, just as the new game goes to commercial.

However, I did realize yesterday that I will not have to deal with the sportscenter '30 at 30' and the driving of the program I chose to watch into a small screen while Dan Patrick tells me some stupid story about Barry Bonds or T.O.

CBS at least realizes we want to watch interesting games. And commercials, of course.

Exiled
    P.S. Gotta love living in the Triangle - Time Warner has all the regional feeds available up in the HD channel range - the 200's.
    However, you will have to put up with all the promos for the crappy CBS TV shows.

Duke, UNC games on HD ... sort of

I can't post about it enough: 30 @ 30 sucks with a capital SUCKS, baby!

At least we can watch on a puter and see an entire game without much interuption.

Games Online

Anyone know of anyway to get these games online without going through the terrible CBS "waiting room"? I'm on a 2 hour waiting list right now, what a stupid idea -- do they not have the bandwidth to let anyone in?

Me Too

Quote Originally Posted by Chard View Post
    I can't post about it enough: 30 @ 30 sucks with a capital SUCKS, baby!

At least we can watch on a puter and see an entire game without much interuption.
    It would be different if they were showing some "breaking news" but it is always something that I have already seen after watching ESPN like 12 times that day.

Is it true that CBS will not be initially splitting their HD channels into 3 subchannels, like last year? I can find no mention of extra channels.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Whatever grips you have about CBS, have to give them props for offering up every game of the first 3 rounds live online. So if you are stuck watching Ohio St drubbing whatever 16 seed they are matched with while another good game is going on... just log in to their march madness on demand and watch the game you want.

Quote Originally Posted by tombrady View Post
    Anyone know of anyway to get these games online without going through the terrible CBS "waiting room"? I'm on a 2 hour waiting list right now, what a stupid idea -- do they not have the bandwidth to let anyone in?
    I know! I didn't watch online last year (I was back in school, and had set myself up with a couple TVs at home and the DirecTV package), so didn't know that I should have logged on to MMOD a couple hours ago (not that I would have wanted to come to work at 7). This waiting line is crazy.

As a quick update on the waiting line: It's not actually moving! And I'm #26000 or so

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Beem View Post
    Is it true that CBS will not be initially splitting their HD channels into 3 subchannels, like last year? I can find no mention of extra channels.

Whoops! The Multicast just appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Beem View Post
    Whoops! The Multicast just appeared.
    What does this mean exactly? I have Time Warner Digital Cable with the HD package... will I be able to get all the games at my home? Unfortunately, I live in Ohio, which means the OSU pounding will be on instead of the Duke game.

it only took them about 15 minutes to figure out they had the regular feed going on the hd broadcast of md/davidson. probably the local yocals screwing it up.

OK I thought up a complaint. The score tracker on the top of the TV picture for the other games, the team seeding looks 100% identical to the scores. Not a big deal, but it takes my eyes an extra 4 seconds to process and figure out which is the score. For example,

4 Maryland 19
    Davidson 18

It hurts my brain...

for anyone on MMOD, how the hell do you select a game to watch????

I will not have to deal with the sportscenter '30 at 30' and the driving of the program I chose to watch into a small screen while Dan Patrick tells me some stupid story about Barry Bonds or T.O.
    LOL, I almost laughed out loud at that...so true about ESPN, but don't forget the Nascar promos either.

I probably won't have to watch online this year, but are the online feeds delayed by 5 minutes this year? It was dumb last year cause I had to turn off the TV to watch the game I wanted online so I wouldn't see the current score on my TV.

My problem at this point isn't with CBS so much as it is with what games are broadcast in a particular region. Here in the Lansing Michigan area, Duke/VCU bumps up against MSU/Marquette. I know, the MSU game could be a great game, but still..... If both Duke and MSU win tonight, then I assume they will be going head-to-head on Saturday as well. Then on Sunday, just when I thought I'd be able to watch the women in their first tournament game, the MSU women's game is scheduled to be shown in this market instead.

I accept the rationale underlying these broadcast decisions so I really don't have groujnds for complaint. But as a Dukie basketball junkie who lives for this time of year, it's still frustrating not to be able to watch my teams in the comfort of my living room. That's the price one pays for living outside of North Carolina, I guess. Oh well, there's always a sports bar...