Unhappy Robin Hood Season Finale (spoilers)

I know several people said they watched Robin Hood on here. Has everybody seen the season finale? Any thoughts? Where is the show going from here? As my wife said, "WTH? What are they going to do? Is the series ending? I mean, what's Robin w/o Marian?"

Is anybody else upset about Marian's untimely end, or did people kind of expect this? Who did you think was going to get it? I'm a little surprised that they put her down with such finality. Rumor is that she wanted off the show to try her hand at the big screen. But she's such an important character. They could have pulled the old soap opera trick where she got blown up by black powder, spent half a season in bandages, then come back either as a different actress or the original could come back if the bright lights didn't receive her, to paraphrase a song.

Here's a fan's trailer for season 3, but it's all old stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZMtEssJ5VY

Here're the official sites:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/robinhood/
    http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/195/index.jsp

Anyway, discuss. The fans on the discussion boards are all up in arms. BBC has hinted at another love interest for Robin later, but no details. But again, Robin w/o Marian? With another woman? Just seems so...wrong.

My wife and daughter were both shocked. I liked the ending, but agree that a new love interest for Robin isn't right. Maybe she comes back like Obi Wan Knobe. Feel the force, Robin.

My daughter was more distressed that Djaq (my daughter's favorite character) and Will were staying behind.

And what was Robin and his men doing in the desert dressed for Sherwood Forest?
    ~rthomas

One of the big comments over on the bbc boards was about Guy dressed in his heavy leathers in the desert, and how he probably would have died of heat exhaustion within a day.

Here's my question...Marian's a pretty good fighter. Surely the king had some kind of blade like a dagger or something still on him. If she'd taken a weapon off him and made as if to defend him, instead of intentionally taunting and breaking Guy emotionally, she could have probably easily held him off long enough for help to come. Guy might not have even attacked her if she'd just picked up a weapon and told him she wasn't going to let him kill the king. Instead, she antagonized him into killing her. How dumb.

Ah, come on, only ONE robin hood fans wants to comment? I'm so disappointed.

Where's the outrage? The pain? The young ladies who lost a role model? The young men who lost the love of their lives? Okay, so that was a little over the top, but you get the picture...
    Last edited by bjornolf; 08-06-2008 at 07:31 AM. Reason: addition...

Robin Hood, Men In Tights.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    I know several people said they watched Robin Hood on here. Has everybody seen the season finale? Any thoughts? Where is the show going from here? As my wife said, "WTH? What are they going to do? Is the series ending? I mean, what's Robin w/o Marian?"

Is anybody else upset about Marian's untimely end, or did people kind of expect this? Who did you think was going to get it? I'm a little surprised that they put her down with such finality. Rumor is that she wanted off the show to try her hand at the big screen. But she's such an important character. They could have pulled the old soap opera trick where she got blown up by black powder, spent half a season in bandages, then come back either as a different actress or the original could come back if the bright lights didn't receive her, to paraphrase a song.

Here's a fan's trailer for season 3, but it's all old stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZMtEssJ5VY

Here're the official sites:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/robinhood/
    http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/195/index.jsp

Anyway, discuss. The fans on the discussion boards are all up in arms. BBC has hinted at another love interest for Robin later, but no details. But again, Robin w/o Marian? With another woman? Just seems so...wrong.

I haven't seen all of this season because I've been in Britain (flying home Thursday and am not at all happy about that!!!) and it is over here (it had just started in Canada right before I left) but I'd just like to point out that she was apparently dead once already and obviously wasn't so maybe that will happen again?

How did they kill her this time?

do you really want to know?

do you really want to know?
    Yeah, I'd already read ahead on the BBC website so know most of what happens this season anyway. Telling me this won't ruin anything for me.

AAARRRR!!! There be SPOILERS Ahead!

Okay.
    SPOILER ALERT

Robin and the gang get trapped in a barn by a BUNCH of men. Marian finds out the sheriff is going to the Holy Land to kill the king. Since Robin is out of action, she tries to kill the sheriff. He easily disarms her and takes her captive, then decides to take her with him as insurance, telling her that Robin is dead now.

Robin and the gang escape thanks to Allan-a-Dale and go to the Holy Land to rescue Marian and the King from the Sheriff. After a bunch of action, the sheriff and some of his men, the king, Guy, Marian, Carter, and Robin and the gang end up in a little, war-gutted town fighting it out. The sheriff shoots the king in the shoulder with an arrow. He falls off his horse and supposedly breaks his OTHER arm in the fall. As he lies on the ground, unable to rise, Guy stalks towards him with his broadsword to finish him off.

Marian steps in front of the king, unarmed, in a flowing white dress. Instead of grabbing a weapon from the king and defending him as we know she could, she basically taunts Guy, telling him she NEVER loved him, that she loves Robin and always will, and pretty much says she wouldn't have him even if he were the last man on earth.

Guy snaps. He steps right up to her and rams his entire 3 ft. or so of steel right through her guts and impales her on the ground, then runs off with the sheriff. Robin and Marian marry each other in the town in the desert as she dies. As they kiss, she pulls the sword out of her own gut, says that feels better, kisses him again, they say they'll be together forever in heaven, she begs him to keep fighting, for her and for England. She dies dramatically. Robin carries her corpse out of the town, surrounded by his gang and the king, and buries her in the desert. I think she's pretty dead this time. If she isn't dead when he places her in the ground, she probably suffocated on all the sand they tossed over her.
    Last edited by bjornolf; 08-07-2008 at 04:07 AM. Reason: more space...

[QUOTE=bjornolf;174189]Okay.
    SPOILER ALERT
    More:

And then Robin and his gang go back to England - leaving Will and Djak behind (which is what PO'd my daughter).

Maybe Will and Djak study the ancient art of bringing people back from the dead. Dig up Marian and revive her, carry her back to England, find Robin shacking up with the Queen (from a prior episode)...then what?
    ~rthomas

[QUOTE=rthomas;174229]
    Okay.
    SPOILER ALERT
    More:

And then Robin and his gang go back to England - leaving Will and Djak behind (which is what PO'd my daughter).

Maybe Will and Djak study the ancient art of bringing people back from the dead. Dig up Marian and revive her, carry her back to England, find Robin shacking up with the Queen (from a prior episode)...then what?
    So they turn Marian into a zombie? Sweet. She could eat the new chick's brain!

Word in Britain is that they are currently filming the next season (Friar Tuck will be introduced in those episodes) but, at the end of that, the actor who plays Robin is leaving the show.