Coach Cutcliffe on the road

For those in the Triangle area, Coach Cut makes his next to last visit of NC sites this summer in Raleigh tomorrow night (7/31) at the new (I think) downtown Marriott. Doors open at 530PM for a 6PM start time for dinner and his talk. Anyone else planning on attending?

How was it?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    For those in the Triangle area, Coach Cut makes his next to last visit of NC sites this summer in Raleigh tomorrow night (7/31) at the new (I think) downtown Marriott. Doors open at 530PM for a 6PM start time for dinner and his talk. Anyone else planning on attending?
    I attended the session in Greensboro and thoroughly enjoyed it. I left very excited by what I heard and saw. Not only did the players sound more confident, even the videos were better. The one in Raleigh tonight should be even better in view of all that's happened since the athletic tour began! Please share at least a few comments after you return, devildeac.

This is how it was...

My hub and I were at the just-opened Marriott in downtown Raleigh for Coach C's presentation tonight. Very impressive. Not sure how many were there, but I understood someone (Bob Harris? Jack Winters?) say that this was the best-attended one so far. Mrs. Cutcliffe and daughters were there along with several football staff & families and new AD Kevin White and wife. Also some former Duke football players. KW spoke after Coach C, sounded very enthusiastic and pleased to be at Duke with Cutcliffe. Coach talked about how hard the team has been working, looking forward to official start of practice on Monday. Among other things, he said they were focusing on building an excellent program rather than winning a particular game...build the excellent program and the wins will follow. Jack Winters echoed Coach and KW in stressing the importance of getting more Duke fans in the seats at Wallace Wade. Urged people not to sit back and support Duke football from a distance---watching TV games, waiting for reports from others---instead of actually being at the game. Just my impression: Coach C comes across not as a blowhard full of big promises, but instead as someone who knows exactly what he's doing/what the task at hand is and how to go about succeeding. Hmmm...although my account sounds boring, there was lots of enthusiasm at this gathering; you had to have been there. OK, now Devildeac/others can chime in...

Coach Cut road show

Nice summary by Raleighfan. Not much to add. We arrived a bit late so we missed the cocktail 1/2 hour and "meet the coach." KW was impressive and very complimentary. I think he mentioned he even tried to get Cut to ND and did (?) but that's about when Coach Cut had his bypass surgery. Not real sure about the year/timing of events. My most impressive "take away" of the evening was Coach's comment that "we need to EARN the RIGHT to win." They are excited about working hard and recruiting. I was ready to sign a LOI when he and the new AD finished their talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raleighfan View Post
    My hub and I were at the just-opened Marriott in downtown Raleigh for Coach C's presentation tonight. Very impressive. Not sure how many were there, but I understood someone (Bob Harris? Jack Winters?) say that this was the best-attended one so far. Mrs. Cutcliffe and daughters were there along with several football staff & families and new AD Kevin White and wife. Also some former Duke football players. KW spoke after Coach C, sounded very enthusiastic and pleased to be at Duke with Cutcliffe. Coach talked about how hard the team has been working, looking forward to official start of practice on Monday. Among other things, he said they were focusing on building an excellent program rather than winning a particular game...build the excellent program and the wins will follow. Jack Winters echoed Coach and KW in stressing the importance of getting more Duke fans in the seats at Wallace Wade. Urged people not to sit back and support Duke football from a distance---watching TV games, waiting for reports from others---instead of actually being at the game. Just my impression: Coach C comes across not as a blowhard full of big promises, but instead as someone who knows exactly what he's doing/what the task at hand is and how to go about succeeding. Hmmm...although my account sounds boring, there was lots of enthusiasm at this gathering; you had to have been there. OK, now Devildeac/others can chime in...
    Thanks Raleighfan! Not boring at all.