Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Definately Boynton, even he does only stay one year you need those top impact players to have success. He could average 20 ppg if he starts in his freshman season, he's that talented.

Boynton-Scheyer-Williams-Henderson(hopefully)-Smith-Singler-the Plumlees-Olek-Marty-thomas and the flying Zoubek would be scary good.

3. I say Knight. We won't need a PG as badly as we would in 2010, and Knight is a phenomenal talent. He's a true pass first guard who can score if he needs to and he plays good defense. Plus he seems like an outstanding type of guy who won't embarrass the Duke name in the classroom.

If we've even really offered him that is. Otherwise, my pick is KB.

Houstondukie, it sounds like Thornton is the only projected 3 or 4 year player of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by west_coast_devil View Post
    considering all of the uncertainties of the future.... if those five mentioned above were Duke's starters, at this time, I would rather see Zoubek pulled from the starting line up and be replaced by KB for a four guard line up. Undersized, but scary fast and talented!!
    I don't want to see Kyle playing defense against the other teams best big man every game. He will be worn out by season's end. We need for one of the front court players to step up. I don't care which one it is. I would hope we get a verbal from a point guard or strong inside player. That's what we need.

I think that psychologically you have to go with Boynton. '09 was supposed to be a banner recruiting year and so far we have missed on every singleone of our original targets (we didn't go after Plumlee until after Murphy committed to UF). Boynton was the prize of our targets and if he inks with us than all is ok in the world of recruiting and the dominos might be set for a stellar '10 class. Knight is supposed to be good friends with Boynton and Hariston is supposed to be good friends with Dawkins. Everything would be set up nicely.

If, however, we miss on Boynton, that places a lot of pressure to land a phenominal class for '10 at a time when some of Duke's recruiting luster is not at its brightest. No Boynton might negate our chances with night. Without those stud lead/point guards the big men we are after might look elsewhere.

Josh Smith. no other player has his size out there. he's the most unique guy that duke is recruiting. plus he plays center!!!

What a tough question. I would say Kenny Boynton, followed by Josh Smith as a close second. Boynton is just ridiculous and will be a great combo guard in college.