For '09--
Kenny Boynton

For '10--
Brandon Knight
Harrison Barnes
Josh Smith
Josh Hairston
Tyler Thornton

If you had to pick just ONE player that you think is the most important to land, which would it be and what is your reasoning? What I mean by that is... You get to choose ONE player that has been offered and once you choose him, he is guaranteed to come to Duke. Which do you choose?

Do you go with Boynton to have a solid '09 class?
Do you go with the top 5 point guard or the top 10 big man?

Take into account who will still be around when that player comes in...

My choice is actually Harrison Barnes. I figure, we have two good point guards offered, so it is not that important to necessarily get one over the other. I think Josh Smith would only be around for a year or two and at that point we will have both Plumlee brothers along with Olek down low anyways. We should be pretty set on guards for a few years to come with Nolan rising and Elliot joining him (plus Andre already committed). The one thing that will be hard to replace is the small forward position... the best Duke teams have always seemed to have that Grant Hill type athlete who can't be mistaken for a handling guard or a big man. Barnes seems to match this mold at 6'6" 190. He is the #1 SF in his class (Scout.com) and my choice for the one recruit offered I would take if I was guaranteed just one.