Backcourt-If They All Came

Just Projecting if all the offers that Duke has made so far materialized.

09-10 Season

Scheyer-Senior
    Smith- Junior
    Williams-Soph
    Boynton-Freshman

This season would be fine, ( actually terrific)

10-11 Season

Smith-Senior
    Williams-Junior
    Boyton-Soph
    Thorton-Freshman
    Dawkins-Freshman
    Knight-Freshman

This would not work, unless someone left early which makes me think that Duke will not get a committment from both Thorton And Knight, since Dawkins has already committed. Actually why would either commit to be one of five backcourt players....there is not enough playing time for 5...4 yes..5 no!!

ya but how many times does every recruit we offer to committ to Duke...it's an unlike theory

Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    Just Projecting if all the offers that Duke has made so far materialized.

09-10 Season

Scheyer-Senior
    Smith- Junior
    Williams-Soph
    Boynton-Freshman

This season would be fine, ( actually terrific)

10-11 Season

Smith-Senior
    Williams-Junior
    Boyton-Soph
    Thorton-Freshman
    Dawkins-Freshman
    Knight-Freshman

This would not work, unless someone left early which makes me think that Duke will not get a committment from both Thorton And Knight, since Dawkins has already committed. Actually why would either commit to be one of five backcourt players....there is not enough playing time for 5...4 yes..5 no!!
    I thought the conventional wisdom was that Boynton (if he comes) is one and done anyway.

Or maybe Elliott Williams is starting at the 3 in 2011.

09-10
    first team:
    pg- smith, jr
    sg- scheyer, sr
    sf- williams, so (i really think that henderson will be gone after this year)

reserves:
    boynton, fr
    pocius, sr
    (at this point, everyone on the list is able to play multiple positions, with some able to play three, so i think we would be fine. and it's my opinion that freshman do not start on acc teams, unless no one else is available. this does not mean i dont think boynton will play, i just dont think he will start.)

10-11
    first team:
    pg- boynton, so
    sg- smith, sr
    sf- williams, jr
    (i think that smith and boynton would be interchangable in the offense at combo guard)

reserves:
    knight, fr
    dawkins, fr
    barnes, fr
    thornton, fr
    (obviously, if boynton is gone, then knight would take his place. but same thing as before, knight wouldnt start unless he was put in a position where there is no one ahead of him to start. one plus though is that no matter who starts, our line-up will be super athletic.)