View Poll Results: Do you currently engage in illegal activity?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

8 38.10%
  • No.

13 61.90%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I answered no, but I'm not sure. Soon after I bought my car 4 years ago I managed to get it up to 145 mph for a couple seconds on a lonely straight stretch of I-40. Would that have gotten me thrown in jail?
    Umm, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by UVaAmbassador View Post
    I'm not touching this poll with a ten foot...erh...pole. Some of us are already pushing our luck by excessive posting to the DBR on company time. Why push our luck further by admitting to criminal activity? What this poll really tells us is the environment in which various members are posting.
    He makes an excellent point. If my company ever finds out how much time they pay me to do absolutely nothing, I'm in trouble.

[QUOTE=billybreen;169451]I don't think it's possible to answer 'No' in good faith to this question. Unless you are a super dork, chances are you are breaking some traffic laws (even 5 miles over is technically a violation, right?). [QUOTE]

Yeah, but the question is whether you are "curently" breaking the law.

Most of us aren't driving while we're reading this.

Unless of course if we are texting as we drive.

Which, um, is against the law . . . .

Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!
    Wanna know how fast I can cook a grit in my kitchen?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I would hope not. Would you post it PUBLICLY instead?

Giggling at the unfortunate typo. . .
    Sigh. Gotta love typos.

[QUOTE=OldPhiKap;169477][QUOTE=billybreen;169451]I don't think it's possible to answer 'No' in good faith to this question. Unless you are a super dork, chances are you are breaking some traffic laws (even 5 miles over is technically a violation, right?).

Hmmmm.
    Now that's what I call a literal interpretation of the text.

I don't think it's possible to answer 'No' in good faith to this question. Unless you are a super dork, chances are you are breaking some traffic laws (even 5 miles over is technically a violation, right?). And there are so many unenforced silly laws on the books at the municipal level that you're likely breaking some of those, too.
    Technically going 1 mile over the speed limit is a violation. I saw 'cops' where someone assaulted a police officer because he got pulled for going 2 over and was so mad the cop was writing him a ticket.

And I believe EJ goes on to state the question involves if you breaking the law on an "ongoing" basis which could mean constantly. Sometimes I don't use turnsignals.

I beleive you are also breaking the law (I could be wrong) if you know someone that is breaking the law but you don't report it to authorities?
    Last edited by ForeverBlowingBubbles; 07-23-2008 at 11:40 AM.

So many amendments...in the Constitution of the United States of Americaaaaaaa.

I can only choose one! *tap tap* I can only chooooose OOOOOOOOONNNNE!

I'll plead the Fif! *tap tap tap* I plead the Fif! *tap tap tap tap* FIVE! ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIIIIIIIIF! Come on, ask me a question...FIIIIIIIIF!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    So many amendments...in the Constitution of the United States of Americaaaaaaa.

I can only choose one! *tap tap* I can only chooooose OOOOOOOOONNNNE!

I'll plead the Fif! *tap tap tap* I plead the Fif! *tap tap tap tap* FIVE! ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, FIIIIIIIIF! Come on, ask me a question...FIIIIIIIIF!
    And...cue the tech dept to replace my keyboard. I love that freakin show.

[QUOTE=OldPhiKap;169477][QUOTE=billybreen;169451]I don't think it's possible to answer 'No' in good faith to this question. Unless you are a super dork, chances are you are breaking some traffic laws (even 5 miles over is technically a violation, right?).

Hmmmm.
    Stupidly enough, the law in CA is that you can't talk on a phone without bluetooth, but you can text/email while driving.

Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!
    I have no use for the second law myself. What is the penalty for violating it?

In a general sense, no, I am not involved in any illegal activity. However, Georgia and some other (largely Southern) states have some strange and obscure sex laws that apply even to married heterosexual couples. I assume that I violate some of these; though not as often as I'd like.

I am currently drinking one of my roomates pepsi max's which I did not ask for. I stole it from the fridge. Call the police and tell them to find FBB.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverBlowingBubbles View Post
    I am currently drinking one of my roomates pepsi max's which I did not ask for. I stole it from the fridge. Call the police and tell them to find FBB.
    Doesn't this count as two crimes?
    1) Theft
    2) Pepsi Max Consumption

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Doesn't this count as two crimes?
    1) Theft
    2) Pepsi Max Consumption
    See the previous discussion of man's laws and nature's laws.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Are you *currently involved an any illegal activity that could get you thrown in jail if the cops found out about it?

FYI - Public poll.

-EarlJam

*Meaning tonight or anything you do on an ongoing basis (e.g. money laundering, street drugs, etc.)

Sorry, I responded yes to the poll before realizing you meant something that could get me thrown in jail rather than minor stuff like avoiding paying tax on certain items, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Sorry, I responded yes to the poll before realizing you meant something that could get me thrown in jail rather than minor stuff like avoiding paying tax on certain items, etc.
    If you constantly don't pay tax on certain items, and get caught multiple times, you could get thrown in jail... but then again, I don't know if that was the point of the thread...

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    I have no use for the second law myself. What is the penalty for violating it?
    Gravity's not just a good idea. It's the law.