Thread: Bush in Atlanta

Bush in Atlanta

So I'm staring out my window at work when I notice a 747 on final approach to Dobbins air base in Atlanta. I had to do a double take when I saw the markings - Air Force One. Got a very cool view of it from this floor, as we are only a couple of miles (if that) from the base.

Just wanted to share. Apparently Bush is speaking in Buckhead tonight.

He just wrecked rush hour.

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    ...He just wrecked rush hour.

-EJ
    In Hotlanta? Can't be done. Impossible to wreck a wreck.

On a side note, my mom lived in some apartments right across the highway from that runway. Nearly got myself shot in those apartments but, that's another thread.

ETA: I also saw the Space Shuttle at Dobbins when they were flying it around on the back of a 747 to show it off...
    Last edited by TNTDevil; 07-22-2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Obvious

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I went to college across the street from the White House when daddy Bush and Clinton were in office. It was interesting to see them shut down traffic so the motorcade's could come out. Never seen AF1 though, that would be cool, regardless who was on board.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    So I'm staring out my window at work when I notice a 747 on final approach to Dobbins air base in Atlanta. I had to do a double take when I saw the markings - Air Force One. Got a very cool view of it from this floor, as we are only a couple of miles (if that) from the base.

Just wanted to share. Apparently Bush is speaking in Buckhead tonight.

He just wrecked rush hour.

-EJ
    Cool and scary, too. If you could see it, then presumably other persons with evil intent, such as the evil doers, could see it if they were geographically near you. Extrapolating, evil doers with line of sight weapons might do evil.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I went to college across the street from the White House when daddy Bush and Clinton were in office. It was interesting to see them shut down traffic so the motorcade's could come out. Never seen AF1 though, that would be cool, regardless who was on board.
    Actually you can't have Air Force One if The Prez ain't on board. Air Force One is whatever The Decider is on, technically speaking, be it a Cessna or a 747.

Corcoran?

I used to work in a bldg. on one of the routes from the WH to the Naval Observatory (home of the VP.) Freaked me out the first time I saw the convoy of black suburbans blow by w/ guys holding semi-automatic rifles.

When I was a GA teaching a public speaking course, I had a continuing ed. student give a speech on AF1. He had just retired from the Air Force and was a steward on AF1. The speech was a welcome relief from the usually repetitive topics, and the really cool kicker is the student brought me several souvenirs from AF1. I still have a box of the Presidential M&M's they served when Clinton was President.