Montana to Cameron

When I saw this story on the front page, I thought it meant that Joe Montana was coming to Cameron for some event. Imagine my disappointment when I read that it was only the U of M coming to play a basketball game.

My first thought was, make sure you take I-39 to I-74 to avoid Chicago traffic.

I'm not sure why it's news now. It was announced over a month ago.

Cut them some slack. They've won just as many tournament games the past three years as our "rivals" Maryland and NC State.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Cut them some slack. They've won just as many tournament games the past three years as our "rivals" Maryland and NC State.
    I wasn't disrespecting the University of Montana, I was just expecting to read about Joe Montana, with whom I had some dealings 20 or so years ago.

Well, my first thought was that there was an unheard of prospect who had committed, even though it didn't seem phrased quite right.

Montana to Cameron is a headline? Really?? Maybe without the exclamation

how many games have we schedualed now? 8

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    When I saw this story on the front page, I thought it meant that Joe Montana was coming to Cameron for some event. Imagine my disappointment when I read that it was only the U of M coming to play a basketball game.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I had just read an article about his son playing football, and I thought maybe they were coming for a visit during basketball season.

Should be a good game we can have to blow out someone before the ACC schedule.

hey now...

Montana was no slouch a couple years back...when they were coached by Larry Krystowiak. They beat Nevada in the first round of the tournament and then played Boston College tough. Not to mention their football team could probably beat Duke. Don't get me wrong...I'm still predicting a blowout. Their team is pretty young this year. A kid from my home town plays on the basketball team so it will be exciting to watch him play Duke, especially since I'm pretty much the biggest Duke fan in Montana. I can't wait to talk to him after the game and ask him what all the players were like. I might even get to go to the game. I'm just praying his parents can't go so I get the tickets!