Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dukeballer2294 View Post
    I love to dream too, but there is no guarentee all these players will live up to their hype. We could have a Josh Mcroberts/Shavlik Randolph kid who were both highly touted but role players at best. Imo dreaming is fun but u cant say 1 of the best classes until they commit and play together. And even if they do I think Dukes class of Wiliams, Dunlevy, and Boozer and Michigan's Fab 5 would be tough to top.
    doesnt need to be the greatest hyped team ever, just has to be the best winners.
    florida's class of noah, horford, and brewer. back to back champions

michigan class was good, but didnt win the big one.

winners

One thing I hate about people being called, "winners" is that it is always limited to the post season. It's a team sport, and you can't say someone isn't a winner because their team couldn't step up. Take Tracy McGrady, who averages more points in the post season than in the regular season but has never got out of the first round.

I heard that Harrison Barnes, the 5-star small forward he mentioned to start off the post was the most interested in Iowa State and Duke with Kansas looking in as the third team to beat.

Josh Smith obviously has UCLA first, but he looks to commit to school down the road. The great thing for us is that Jeremy Tyler, another 5-star center might commit to UCLA in the next couple weeks. Also, in every conference ive seen about Smith he has had something great to say about Duke. Im pretty sure Smith has us number two. I doubt UCLA gets two of the top centers in the 2010 class also.

Josh Hairston might commit in the next week. To Duke.

Hate to burst your bubble but you've got just as much a chance to play ball for UCLA as Jeremy Tyler does. Ben Howland isn't taking his chances with that kid. He and Renardo Sidney have many similarities.

Worst case scenario

What if we sign everybody we want from the class of 2010, but then, one of them doesn't fit in or doesn't get enough PT, and he TRANSFERS - after only one year! Lordy, lordy, THE SKY IS FALLING!! THE SKY IS FALLING!! The basketball program might never recover.

To avoid this, I think we should rescind all offers to players in this class.

if we can start off the 2010 class with Andre, Josh and Tyler then you've got 3 5* players already and that would quite an impressive group in it's own right.

Premature

Greatest recruiting class of all time.

Other premature statements.....

"When I'm president I'm going to have only male interns" Hillary Clinton

"I can't wait to get into Russia for the winter and try a little cross country skiing" Napolean

"I haven't seen an Indian for days, looks like we've run them all out of the West" George Custer

"Maybe I aught to give up being emperor and let someone else take a stab at it" Julius Caesar

"We're only going to score 17 points?" Tom Brady

"You won't leave me, you're too much in love with me." My 1st Exwife

"We'll be together forever because we're soul mates" My 2nd Exwife

"Yes I love you but Earl Jam makes actually got out of Burlington" My next Exwife

^Haha.