Page 99 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2134
    Marty Tirrell, an Iowa-based radio/media guy has said HB has picked UNC. TIFWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by quickgtp View Post
    Marty Tirrell, an Iowa-based radio/media guy has said HB has picked UNC. TIFWIW.
    He said duke on the 9th. Just trying to be right.

http://twitter.com/Martytirrell

Anyone who calls themselves "The Mouth of the Midwest" should not be trusted.

Not sure who this guy is but look at his tweet.

http://twitter.com/martytirrell/statuses/5573208485

I just don't see him not selecting Duke, it seems to be too much of a perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Huh? View Post
    cyclonefanatic.com

A lot of reasons are just speculative, but most everyone one there really thinks he is ISU bound.
    Yeah, was catching up on their posts and there seems to be a lot of momentum gathering there. One of the "rumors" to go along with the 1,234,567 rumors is that the ISU president or someone of high rank at ISU was invited to the announcement leading to further speculation that why ask the ISU president, have the public and etc. attending without announcing for ISU. That seem's to be there reasoning. Hey, it goes along with all the rationalizing that us Duke fans have done along with that of the UNC fan base. Hype up what is good for your team while downplaying the opponents. It's normal actions. We will find out shortly who guessed right!

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    He said duke on the 9th. Just trying to be right.

http://twitter.com/Martytirrell

Anyone who calls themselves "The Mouth of the Midwest" should not be trusted.
    Even the ISU faithful were bashing him saying he is either always wrong or just trying to get on the prediction bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by quickgtp View Post
    And here's what they say about that on the Iowa State message boards:

Given Marty's track record that's great news for ISU and Duke fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    ... Relax, everyone. We'll know in a few hours and nothing you can do will change anything.
    Au contraire mon ami, I can start drinking heavily (pre-celebration) - it is after 5:00 in Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    And here's what they say about that on the Iowa State message boards:
    LOL Kedsy, great find!

Quote Originally Posted by rhcpflea99 View Post
    Not sure who this guy is but look at his tweet.

http://twitter.com/martytirrell/statuses/5573208485
    I was reading on an ISU message board that the same guy said HB was going to Duke because when he asked Barnes where he was going and named Duke he "looked down and to the left." Or right... Something like that.

The posters on there also talked about how much smoke this guy blows.

Jordan Brand

Until I read the last two pages of the thread I never contemplated if the jordan brand had any involvement in this recruitment. Initially, I thought it might until I looked down and realized I have on jordan gym shorts (and am a Duke blue through and through) and the first time I ever saw Mason he had on jordan gear. Welcome to Duke HB!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Au contraire mon ami, I can start drinking heavily (pre-celebration) - it is after 5:00 in Ireland!
    You wait until it's 5pm somewhere now? I thought our old rule was it only had to be noon somewhere?

::::yawn:::: ::::scratch::::

Hey, guys. Just woke up from a 6 month nap. Any word on the Harrison Barnes thing? Is Duke still recruiting him? I heard UNC might be interested. What's up with that?

lol - I, for one, enjoy the intrigue!

The recruitment of Harrison Barnes and his impending announcement has been as enjoyable as any since I started following the game.

Good stuff.

s.i.

Quote Originally Posted by CEF1959 View Post
    ::::yawn:::: ::::scratch::::

Hey, guys. Just woke up from a 6 month nap. Any word on the Harrison Barnes thing? Is Duke still recruiting him? I heard UNC might be interested. What's up with that?

Nothing much, no one has really talked about it lately.

Andy Katz is reporting on ESPNU's crawler that Harrison Barnes is making his phone calls right now!!!!

...If Barnes goes to UNC...ugh. Cmon kid, choose the right shade of blue.

I don't think its the end of the world for next season if he does, but its a huge slap at our recruiting, considering how much earlier we were on him than UNC.

Cmon...make the right choice Harrison.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

mp3 of Dave Telep on 620thebuzz this morning:

http://www.espntriangle.com/includes...11309telep.mp3

WHO-TV in DesMoines is reporting that HB has scheduled an appearance for Sunday with their people to discuss his decision.

http://www.whotv.com/news/who-story-...,2107407.story

Hmm. Why do that if he's going out of state? Just to explain himself to disappointed locals, perhaps? Or is the Ouija board puck headed toward the "I"?

Cupcakes

Word out of Ames is that Shirley Barnes was just at Moe's Bakery picking up cupcakes for the reception. Supposedly, the person working the counter recognized her and asked jokingly if she wanted yellow and gold frosting, to which she just smiled coyly...