Page 7 of 107 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Princeton is in fact wonderful to watch ...

Quote Originally Posted by Huh? View Post
    B. I felt like I was watching Princeton Vs. Harvard.
    And that's a BAD thing??????

Yeesh ...

O&BSheep
    Last edited by -jk; 04-01-2009 at 01:38 PM. Reason: fix quote tag

Quote Originally Posted by Travi_K View Post
    Who else is all for Memphis letting Xavier Henry out of his commitment? 6'6 210 lb and the only other school listing him with very strong interest is Kansas. I know they are different classes and Henry may end up staying at Memphis but I don't think it could hurt by any means with Barnes. Never knew coach Cal could so directly and indireclty have such a potential influence on our recruiting.
    I know scholarships seem to be tight at Kansas right now, but why would taking Xavier Henry (a probable one-and-done in the class before Barnes) have any bearing on Harrison Barnes's recruitment?

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I know scholarships seem to be tight at Kansas right now, but why would taking Xavier Henry (a probable one-and-done in the class before Barnes) have any bearing on Harrison Barnes's recruitment?
    Like I said before, I know they are in different classes, but if Barnes wants to make a decision before the end of next year and the chance Henry even could be there couldn't hurt our chances. I agree, it may have no bearing but again it can't hurt. I am not aware of Kansas scholarship situation either. Also Lance Stehpenson still hasn't decided where he is going but was a heavy lean toward Kansas which may make KU's schollie situation as you were saying too tight for Henry as well.

Kansas lost two seniors and have two guys committed for next season. Meaning Collins or Aldrich have to be leaving to even possibly consider having Henry or Stephenson arrive on campus. Self has said he won't take away any player's scholarship but the feeling in Kansas is that certain players maybe transfering (I.E. Quintrell Thomas).

can't read the story

but sounds like unc contiuing to reach out to harrison barnes..

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...2748%26fhn%3d1

If Roy Williams grabs Wall and then gets Harrison Barnes after Duke held the lead with him... (shaking head) I don't know if I could take it.

If that were the case, then Duke might have to realize that it holds no distinct advantage over UNC due to its proximity, basketball pedigree and league play. Might be time to leave the ACC behind for the Big East.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    If Roy Williams grabs Wall and then gets Harrison Barnes after Duke held the lead with him... (shaking head) I don't know if I could take it.
    hey man, just gotta keep those positive vibes, baby. Woof Woof.

Seriously, don't sweat it, ol' roy just ain't that good

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoore97 View Post
    but sounds like unc contiuing to reach out to harrison barnes..

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75...2748%26fhn%3d1
    UNC already has an elite WF signed for that class in Bullock who is 6-7. That wouldn't make much sense for Barnes.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    hey man, just gotta keep those positive vibes, baby. Woof Woof.

Seriously, don't sweat it, ol' roy just ain't that good
    Righteous and hopeful!! Oddball would be proud.

Actually, the scene where Oddball is "drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays" reminds me a lot of 'ol roy. Man, what a tan. I guess you have to have that kind of tan to wear that baby poo blue...

Have faith in Coach K when it comes to the really bright young men like Harrison. It sounds like he is a true student of the game, and will appreciate the level of understanding and coaching Coach K represents. This is where the entirety of what Coach K has developed will come to bear, from the training and learning facility, to the video scouting reports. Harrison is the recruit I would most like to see in a Duke uniform; it seems he would take full advantage of what Duke has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    If that were the case, then Duke might have to realize that it holds no distinct advantage over UNC due to its proximity, basketball pedigree and league play. Might be time to leave the ACC behind for the Big East.
    that is horrible! Duke needs its rivals and league play makes it great. Why would we want to give that up?

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    UNC already has an elite WF signed for that class in Bullock who is 6-7. That wouldn't make much sense for Barnes.
    You're right but I think UNC is going to use Bullock as a SG. I have a feeling even if UNC misses on Barnes they will go after the next best SF (6'7'' Roscoe Smith) who they are already recruiting.

^ RelativeWays did a relatively good job of conveying internet sarcasm...

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDB4208 View Post
    You're right but I think UNC is going to use Bullock as a SG. I have a feeling even if UNC misses on Barnes they will go after the next best SF (6'7'' Roscoe Smith) who they are already recruiting.
    If UNC is able to land Wall and Barnes I would truly be in awe at what Roy is doing over there. Bullock and Barnes on the court together would be pretty lethal. No one wonder Roy suffers from vertigo!

Quote Originally Posted by DDB4208 View Post
    I believe the thought is Roscoe and Roy are no longer on the same page. Maybe he was offended when Roy told Barnes he was their only target. In any case...UNC will be a real player in this...hopefully Duke wins out in the end...i like Barnes more and more every time i read about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1515 View Post
    I believe the thought is Roscoe and Roy are no longer on the same page. Maybe he was offended when Roy told Barnes he was their only target. In any case...UNC will be a real player in this...hopefully Duke wins out in the end...i like Barnes more and more every time i read about him.
    UNC was recruiting him as of mid-January but I hope you're right because Roscoe is a very very very good player. And I agree about Barnes, I also think he sounds like a great player/person/student.

Quote Originally Posted by freedevil View Post
    ^ RelativeWays did a relatively good job of conveying internet sarcasm...

A Michael Stipe once sang, it was a simple prop to occupy my time. I was bored at work yesterday, and that story that DBR linked about SC leaving the ACC over that one recruit, I wondered: If UNC stole enough Duke recruits, would they up and leave, would they go to the Big East, would that be better than the the ACC? Keep in mind, I don't see this happening, nor do I want it to. In some ways though, because of its basketball pedigree, Duke's fan base and appeal, the Big East is a better fit for Duke now than the ACC.
    The only downfall to the Big East I could find was that it has way too many teams. Some need to meet the chopping block, outside of that, I couldn't think of one. The UNC rivalry is really the only one we have left that is still relevant and intense, every other rivalry may have a lot of tradition, but they arent current and could easily be replaced by a plethora of Big East heavy hitters. You don't think replacing Wake and State with Louisville or Syracuse wouldn't be exciting. We almost wouldn't miss UNC that much because the hatred between Duke and UConn would certainly be almost as intense, just not steeped in tradition. Duke might actually be a stronger basketball school and maybe an edge in recruiting over what its pulling in now. On the other hand, if Duke or UNC were to ever leave the ACC (or definitely both) the conference would be disbanded not much longer after that.
    Again, I'm not championing Duke leaving the ACC, its more one of those "What If" type things, like Marvel comics used to do. It beats talking about these recruits incessantly.

Wink Hunh?

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    The only downfall to the Big East I could find was that it has way too many teams. Some need to meet the chopping block, outside of that, I couldn't think of one. .
    Three of the premier Big East teams were only too happy to bolt for the ACC. Donna Shalala (ex-HHS Secy and President at the U) emphasized the full partnership that the ACC represents. From the NY Times at the time:

As Shalala was determining Miami's fate over the weekend, with heavy informational input from [AD] Dee, they were both struck by the A.C.C.'s stability in relationship to the Big East, which Shalala called ''more of a 'federation.'''

Miami embraced what the A.C.C. might do for its other sports besides football -- particularly nonrevenue sports where the A.C.C. boasts numerous top programs. But the academic similarity among the universities also played well with Shalala.

''I don't think people glean how important the academics were for us,'' said Clyde McCoy, chairman of the university's Epidemiology and Public Health Department as well as Miami's faculty representative to the N.C.A.A.'

There is no way Duke would ever leave the ACC for the Big East.

sagegrouse

Scout.com has just named Harrison Barnes their new overall #1 prospect. Just thought some might find that interesting.

Brandon Knight is the #1 overall PG prospect. Kyrie Irving is #2, and Ray McCallum is #3.

In-depth Q&A with Harrison Barnes

Hey Duke fans, I thought you might enjoy this Q&A with #1 recruit, Harrison Barnes at an AAU tourney this past weekend in Minnesota. Barnes talks about KU, Duke and Minnesota, and the rumor all weekend is that those three are the likely top three, with KU and Duke most likely being the favorites:

http://boards.gopherhole.com/boards/...ead.php?t=5416