Page 57 of 107 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2134
    Doesn't sound like bonding to me:

Top-ranked Harrison Barnes did not play pickup with the Kansas players on Friday afternoon. Said his body was sore from all the two-a-days.
    about 1 hour ago from web
    http://twitter.com/goodmanonfox

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Doesn't sound like bonding to me:

http://twitter.com/goodmanonfox
    I really can't see Harrison going to KU after the recent crime wave that has hit the basketball team. Also, in that 20 questions SI article it talks about the Henry brothers and how they trained at home instead of with the team this summer and that Mr. Henry said CJ is already better than Sherron Collins, which is obviously a lie. Mr. Henry also said Xavier is definitely a one and done. Sounds like a terrible situation down there that he would be smart to avoid. I'm sure all of of their best players will be gone after this year though (Collins, Aldrich, Henry to the NBA).

When is Harrison's Duke visit again?

Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    When is Harrison's Duke visit again?
    next weekend

Harrison visits Friday, October 23rd
    The Terrapin Assassin

Any football assaults thid weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Let's just hope Harrison doesn't get jumped by the Kansas football team this weekend.
    LOL!
    Great line Diablo!

Is it just me, or do others get the sense that the greater threat may have shifted from Laurence to Chapel Hell? (Of course that sense may be influenced by our proximity to faded-blue central...

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    LOL!
    Great line Diablo!

Is it just me, or do others get the sense that the greater threat may have shifted from Laurence to Chapel Hell? (Of course that sense may be influenced by our proximity to faded-blue central...
    I think this is more of us fearing UNC getting him more than KU getting him, personally. It's probably about equal.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

I hope Harrison has more fun at Duke than he seemed to at the Phog:

http://www2.kusports.com/photos/gall...og-2009/63633/

Big weekend for us. I hope he bonds well with Andre, Seth and Mason. It is time for Coach K to close the deal!

Harrison was too sore from working out to play pick-up game with KU players on Friday.

On Saturday:

After KU's practice, most recruits went to lunch or left campus. Not Harrison Barnes. He got in a workout in an empty gym. Impressive.
    1:59 PM Oct 17th from web
    http://twitter.com/GaryParrishCBS

This young man sounds nearly too good to be true!

A series of posts have been removed from this thread. Lets be careful about what we repeat from overheard conversations, ok folks? That is at least a mild invasion of privacy and DBR would like us to steer clear of it.

--JE
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I'm less concerned about overheard conversations than fabricated ones.

Not much buzz coming out of Harrison's OV to KU

Barnes, 6-8 senior from Ames (Iowa) High ranked No. 2 in the Class of 2010, also made the trip to Kansas. He told Rivals on Sunday he was not yet ready to comment on his visit.
    http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/10/19/l...as/#more-23471

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    A series of posts have been removed from this thread. Lets be careful about what we repeat from overheard conversations, ok folks? That is at least a mild invasion of privacy and DBR would like us to steer clear of it.

--JE
    The mods here are so serious, lol. Now I'm curious about these removed posts.

Anyway, to put DBR's mind at ease, it would only be an invasion of privacy if the people conversing were in a place where they would have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Public places usually don't qualify. And at any rate I don't think DBR would have anything to worry about because it's just the message board. It would be a different story if the front page posted an article regarding an overheard conversation.

So was this juicy information actually interesting or just mostly baseless speculation like the rest of this thread.

well...

Was it juicy info or baseless speculation?
    My vote would be it was neither...more along the lines of concocted jive.
    I did note the magic disappearance of the posts, and I'm fine with whatever Jason et al decided to do, but I kind of thought the responses to the post in question were taking care of the situation rather nicely all by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by nyr484 View Post
    The mods here are so serious, lol. Now I'm curious about these removed posts.

Anyway, to put DBR's mind at ease, it would only be an invasion of privacy if the people conversing were in a place where they would have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Public places usually don't qualify. And at any rate I don't think DBR would have anything to worry about because it's just the message board. It would be a different story if the front page posted an article regarding an overheard conversation.

So was this juicy information actually interesting or just mostly baseless speculation like the rest of this thread.
    If Harrison is unavailable to testify, a hearsay objection could be overcome.

It might inadmissible as irrelevant to the existence of a binding contract, but could be relevant to the issue of Harrison's state of mind with respect to potential negotiations this weekend.

Carolina fans would certainly object that the testimony was highly prejudicial.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    If Harrison is unavailable to testify, a hearsay objection could be overcome.

It might inadmissible as irrelevant to the existence of a binding contract, but could be relevant to the issue of Harrison's state of mind with respect to potential negotiations this weekend.

Carolina fans would certainly object that the testimony was highly prejudicial.
    LOL. Admissible as a present-sense impression?

Quote Originally Posted by nyr484 View Post
    LOL. Admissible as a present-sense impression?
    My hope is an excited utterance.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Was it juicy info or baseless speculation?
    My vote would be it was neither...more along the lines of concocted jive.
    I did note the magic disappearance of the posts, and I'm fine with whatever Jason et al decided to do, but I kind of thought the responses to the post in question were taking care of the situation rather nicely all by themselves.
    Not that it matters, but the posts were deleted by another mod and I just decided to post something to explain why so many posts had disappeared.

--Jason "FWIW, the overheard conversation was hardly something juicy, IMO" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

There is a Iowa St fan on the rivals board that is posting that Barnes will be a blue devil. Take it for what it's worth...probably nothing...but where there is smoke there's fire right?

Smile Bit of Doggerel for a Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Not that it matters, but the posts were deleted by another mod and I just decided to post something to explain why so many posts had disappeared.

--Jason "FWIW, the overheard conversation was hardly something juicy, IMO" Evans
    Walking on egg shells,
    Holding its breath.
    If DBR knows something,
    We can only gueth.

sagegrouse