Page 55 of 107 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2134
  1. #1081
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    I guess i am going crazy with recruiting. As i am scared about what he meant when he said "additional questions." What do you think?
    I think that he said "additional questions" last week so this isn't news and trying to speculate on what those questions might be is crazy.

    I'll speculate on one thing though: I'll bet he wasn't asking Ol' Roy which place in CH has the best BBQ, though frankly its an important question in any recruiting process.

  2. #1082
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by jesus_hurley View Post
    Mr Barnes clearing the air on the in home visit drama:

    http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recrui...ukeunc-rumors/
    Always funny how the truth is most ofen less "dramatic" than rumors. So there was no chasing down huck so he could catch a supersonic flight to Iowa on a Navy jet then get hustled into Obama's Air Force One Helicopter (O's a big heel fan) at which point they landed in HB's backyard just as K and crew were pulling out of the driveway...

    The truthful version actually makes a heck of a lot more sense. It was a planned "contact" that was supposed to take place at the school and ended up having the location changed. No biggie. The unc contact that day would have happened no matter who had the official in home OV that day. Makes sense to me.

    I like the fact that HB clearly stated he had visited Duke 3 times on his own dime and no "stunt" would break the relationship that had been established. Good stuff.

    And Dave Odom... dude, so much for your rep...

    Go Duke!
    49-28
    9F9F9F

  3. #1083
    Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    I guess i am going crazy with recruiting. As i am scared about what he meant when he said "additional questions." What do you think?
    HB: "Why is Paul Pierce the only wing you've put in the NBA that has been successful when Coach K has put countless wings in a good position to be great in their pro careers?"

    Roy: "Dagnabbit, aw shucks. "

  4. #1084
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    HB: "Why is Paul Pierce the only wing you've put in the NBA that has been successful when Coach K has put countless wings in a good position to be great in their pro careers?"

    Roy: "Dagnabbit, aw shucks. "
    HAHAHA. POTD!!!!

    Marvin Williams is doing OK, tho he's a big wing

  5. #1085
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Va

    The answer

    to: "I'll speculate on one thing though: I'll bet he wasn't asking Ol' Roy which place in CH has the best BBQ, though frankly its an important question in any recruiting process."

    Allen&Sons, very tasty, but don't go there if you want unsweetened tea, won't happen

  6. #1086
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    to: "I'll speculate on one thing though: I'll bet he wasn't asking Ol' Roy which place in CH has the best BBQ, though frankly its an important question in any recruiting process."

    Allen&Sons, very tasty, but don't go there if you want unsweetened tea, won't happen
    Trick question. Everyone loves sweet tea.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    I guess i am going crazy with recruiting. As i am scared about what he meant when he said "additional questions." What do you think?
    I think you should relax yo! Go out, smell the sunshine, fly with the breeze. Life is good!
    http://cornerplay.com - the Shane Battier of tech blogs

  8. #1088
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    On the couch
    Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    HB: "Why is Paul Pierce the only wing you've put in the NBA that has been successful when Coach K has put countless wings in a good position to be great in their pro careers?"

    Roy: "Dagnabbit, aw shucks. "
    This is where I could see Roy dropping a few F bombs, and saying something like "I don't give a S*** about Paul Pierce right now!"... Just ask him a challenging question that hints of criticism and step back.

    Anyway, wow what an impressive post by HB. Dont see many kids that age, who A. would care enough to correct false rumors, and B. could write up such a cohesive and concise rebuttal. I just get this feeling that he is a Duke kind of kid...

  9. #1089
    This kid is eventually going to choose Duke. Just a matter of time. And we're going to look back on it and actually be happy UNC got involved and lost. To be the best, you have to beat the best, and it starts with recruiting. It will serve as a message that Coach K can still recruit and Duke is back.

  10. #1090
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Quote Originally Posted by houstondukie View Post
    This kid is eventually going to choose Duke. Just a matter of time. And we're going to look back on it and actually be happy UNC got involved and lost. To be the best, you have to beat the best, and it starts with recruiting. It will serve as a message that Coach K can still recruit and Duke is back.
    Hands down, the best post on the whole Barnes recruiting thread. Love the optimism, love the statements, love the Duke pride, and love the faith.

    Agreed - Barnes will go to Duke.

    Side note: I am only semi-serious when I ask this, but does Vegas do odds on where a kid will go to school? I'm sure they don't, because there is too much potential for fraud, but it sounds like an awesome concept...

  11. #1091
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington DC
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Side note: I am only semi-serious when I ask this, but does Vegas do odds on where a kid will go to school? I'm sure they don't, because there is too much potential for fraud, but it sounds like an awesome concept...
    This would almost surely get Las Vegas shut down by the federales.

    Back to Barnes, if a lot of recruting services call him "the best high school small forward prospect since LeBron"....well, who else has come through college since 2003?

    I can think of
    Marvin Williams
    Luol Deng
    Chris Douglas-Roberts (not a big recruit iirc)
    Michael Beasley
    Kevin Durant (surely he's not better than Durant!?)


    Who else? This is high praise.

  12. #1092
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    This would almost surely get Las Vegas shut down by the federales.

    Back to Barnes, if a lot of recruting services call him "the best high school small forward prospect since LeBron"....well, who else has come through college since 2003?

    I can think of
    Marvin Williams
    Luol Deng
    Chris Douglas-Roberts (not a big recruit iirc)
    Michael Beasley
    Kevin Durant (surely he's not better than Durant!?)


    Who else? This is high praise.
    Luol was in Lebron's class. Lebron was the consensus #1 and Luol was pretty close to consensus #2.

    It'd be tough to call him better than Durant was in HS, but at least an argument could be made. Its almost impossible for him to achieve Durant's success as a Freshman, however.

  13. #1093
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York City

    NBADRAFT.net

    Projecting the NBA draft 8 months from now (much less 32 months from now) is a ridiculous exercise, but I was just looking at the projections on the nbadraft.net web site and observed some interesting things:

    Singler is on the 2011 list, not 2010 (and he is at #19 FWIW);

    #7 on the 2011 list? Elliot Williams - SG, Memphis (it hurts to see that);

    #1 on the 2011 list? Mr. Harrison Barnes

    #4 on the 2011 list? John Henson

    #45 on the 2011 list? Nolan Smith

    Looking at the 2010 list - #2 is Ed Davis; John Wall is #1; Greg Monroe is #13; Derrick Favors is #4; Patrick Patterson is #17; Aminu is #14 and Lawal is 21
    Singler is IRON

    I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

  14. #1094
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    #7 on the 2011 list? Elliot Williams - SG, Memphis (it hurts to see that);


    Even though I think that's a little high considering how raw his offensive game is, it hurts a lot. Just thinking about having EWill on this year's roster possibly WITH Dawkins (even though Dawkins probably wouldn't be around if he was) it makes me cry. Why Elliot? Why?

  15. #1095
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    While I certainly would love to see Elliot on this year's team, I think he will have to shoot much better than he showed at Duke to be #11 on that list. He has the quickness, the defensive ability and the hops to be a good player, but he has not shown that he can consistently shoot the basketball. That said, I sure would have loved to see him in a Duke uniform this year. Go Duke!

  16. #1096
    I wish we had Elliot at Duke, and we'll miss him and wish him and his best, but...

    ... that seems REALLY high for a guy who had a very tough time shooting the ball with any accuracy at all.

    Anyway... yeah, to get it back on topic... so remember how history goes...

    Hill

    Battier

    Barnes


    with a whole lot of Singler and Dunleavy and Deng sprinkled in between?



    *crosses fingers*

  17. #1097
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Absolutely!

    If there is one position Duke has always supplied the NBA with, it is talented wings. You may even be able to add G to that list, but he'll probably play more of a 2 guard. I am sure Coach K has used that angle.

  18. #1098
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Side note: I am only semi-serious when I ask this, but does Vegas do odds on where a kid will go to school? I'm sure they don't, because there is too much potential for fraud, but it sounds like an awesome concept...
    Fraud? What about outright intimidation? Considering the amount of money Vegas sports books take in and the influence of organized crime on the operation of Las Vegas casinos, it wouldn't take long at all, if big money was on the line, to have the Pauley Walnuts-types intimidating kids and their families and dictating where they go to college, or else. Glad you were only semi-serious . . .

  19. #1099
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA/Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    It'd be tough to call him better than Durant was in HS, but at least an argument could be made. Its almost impossible for him to achieve Durant's success as a Freshman, however.
    Not if he goes to Texas A&M - or Iowa State for that matter. As evidenced by his diaries he is already adjusting to the speed of the college game. Add his work ethic to that and Harrison could be an absolute beast at one of those schools - and some of the competition would give him points in buckets...

  20. #1100
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Not if he goes to Texas A&M - or Iowa State for that matter. As evidenced by his diaries he is already adjusting to the speed of the college game. Add his work ethic to that and Harrison could be an absolute beast at one of those schools - and some of the competition would give him points in buckets...
    Kyrie is the one looking at A&M, but you're definitely right about Iowa State. Look at what Craig Brackins has done there.

Similar Threads

  1. Harrison Barnes Video
    By RainingThrees in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 02:54 PM
  2. Harrison Barnes visit reminder - CC's be ready
    By Smitty1911 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 09:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •