Page 54 of 107 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2134
    Eric Bossi has been doing a series of articles on Barnes for Scout.com. Today part 2 was released and has some interesting tidbits.

http://kansas.scout.com/2/907464.html

...You see Bryant is Barnes’ favorite player and it’s tough not to see similarities in their personality, drive and commitment to perfecting their skills.
    May be named after MJ but that's not his favorite player.

Interesting

I dimly recall Bryant saying something about playing for coach K?

I'm sure someone will find a way to worry about even this tidbit, unfortunately.
    Last edited by MChambers; 10-09-2009 at 06:02 PM. Reason: added "about"

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I dimly recall Bryant saying something about playing for coach K?

I'm sure someone will find a way to worry about even this tidbit, unfortunately.
    OMGz! He must like the Lakers...he's going to UCLA!

If Harrison wants to be on TV as much as Kobe, he should come to Duke. Apparently, Duke bball and the Lakers both have 25 nationally televised games this year (the most of any college team or NBA team).

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    Please don't take this the wrong way, because I respect your posts, but are you kidding me? You picked UNC both years? Maybe if it was for money and it was a huge pot....

I would guess that 90% of Carolina fans would never pick Duke in their brackets, no matter how good the team was. Same with Duke fans. There's just something about picking brackets that will never allow me to have UNC winning it all.

I think if you pick a team 2 years in a row, it means you are a fan of theirs....so what does that say about you, Lord Ash?
    I would rather finish last every year in every bracket in the rest of eternity that pick UNC to win

Quote Originally Posted by G man View Post
    I would rather finish last every year in every bracket in the rest of eternity that pick UNC to win
    I used to feel that way, but for some reason as I've gotten older I've found it easier to be more objective and not care. I definitely subscribe to the "emotional hedging" rationale mentioned earlier: if I pick them to win and they do, I win money and am happy, and if they lose, I am happy by nature.

Separate poll?

Quote Originally Posted by G man View Post
    I'm like Ash. Losing $5 on a bet for UNC to win it all is money well spent in my book.
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    As for me and my support of teams... check out my avatar and then I am sure you'll figure out which of us was actually a Blue Devil who knew Dave and Suzie down in the equipment room, knows about that crappy hill about 7k into the Washington Duke trail if you go to the right, and knows that Doc Berlin always seemed to hold on a second too long on the head-turn-and-cough... and and which of us wasn't
    I just want to be clear, Ash, I was just joking. I noticed your avatar long ago. So, to make sure, here comes a smiley face: Boom...there it is. I should have put one in my original post. So here comes another: Boom...Done.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    I used to feel that way, but for some reason as I've gotten older I've found it easier to be more objective and not care. I definitely subscribe to the "emotional hedging" rationale mentioned earlier: if I pick them to win and they do, I win money and am happy, and if they lose, I am happy by nature.

Separate poll?
    I have to admit I like your approach, but I still can not do it. I am one with blind hatred in my eyes. I refuse to own anything in that ugly shade of blue. Those who like to hedge your bets thats ok it just not for me.

Back to Harrison Barnes, http://ouhoops.com/?p=1195

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Back to Harrison Barnes, http://ouhoops.com/?p=1195
    That darn Capel. Wonder where he learned that kind of presentation.

Question

Does anyone else think that the more visits HB takes the better Duke's chances are. I get the feeling that the more programs he is exposed too only helps our recruitment. He was dazzeled by the UNC weekend no doubt, but the more time that passes from that visit coupled with the exposure to other good programs and elite programs must lessen the impact that weekend had on him... plus I like Duke's chances with the business school angle better than any of the other programs as well. Am I just viewing the world thru my beautiful Duke Blue glasses or do other see it this way?

It's logical

I truly believe the more time that passes, the better our chances. Roy certainly made some headway with an hour and a half counter/rebuttal, but we have to remember that HB visited K after an early NC visit. He is a Duke kind of kid, with strong ties to several people in our program. And also a smart guy. Let's just hope e doesn't get carried away with glitz.

Let me tell you how I confirmed that too much recruiting information on the internet is not good for me:

Last night I dreamt that Michael Jordan told me Harrison Barnes was going to Kansas. I was totally bummed out because I knew that Harrison had tremendous drive for the following reason:

While on his Official Visit, I saw Harrison at a grocery store in Durham stocking shelves because he figured he could earn a few extra bucks during his spare time.

Between Kenny Boynton, John Wall, and Harrison Barnes, I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. I'm glad I'm not a coach...hats off to K for staying sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    Let me tell you how I confirmed that too much recruiting information on the internet is not good for me:

Last night I dreamt that Michael Jordan told me Harrison Barnes was going to Kansas. I was totally bummed out because I knew that Harrison had tremendous drive for the following reason:

While on his Official Visit, I saw Harrison at a grocery store in Durham stocking shelves because he figured he could earn a few extra bucks during his spare time.

Between Kenny Boynton, John Wall, and Harrison Barnes, I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. I'm glad I'm not a coach...hats off to K for staying sane.
    Actually, I doubt he obsesses over it (or even thinks about it) nearly as much as some on this board do.

Mr Barnes clearing the air on the in home visit drama:

http://www.highschoolhoop.com/recrui...ukeunc-rumors/

Quote Originally Posted by jesus_hurley View Post
    Mr Barnes clearing the air on the in home visit drama:

It's nice to hear things directly from the recruit and not interpreted through various experts, who may or may not know what they are talking about (Odom clearly did not).

Barnes Clears Up Rumors on Roy Visit

Interesting read. I'd feel a lot better if he didn't have "additional questions" for Huckleberry, but I could be paranoid. This kid keeps it tight to the vest that is for sure.

I guess i am going crazy with recruiting. As i am scared about what he meant when he said "additional questions." What do you think?