Page 49 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    "It went well."

You are basing that on what, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1515 View Post
    Barnes' coach was unaware Roy was coming...doesn't say Barnes was
    Correct. I don't think I implied otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by DBFAN View Post
    Maybe I misread the article, but it seems like it said K was unaware Williams was coming, but HB already knew.
    I'm pretty sure it never says that. It says that Harrison's high school coach was unaware that Roy was coming, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    "It went well."

You are basing that on what, exactly?
    Based on sources close to the program. That's really the only news I can pass on to you. As of right now, Harrison is still scheduled to take his Official Visit to Duke on October 23rd. We should all be happy that even with the full court press by Roy, this visit is still planned.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Based on sources close to the program. That's really the only news I can pass on to you. As of right now, Harrison is still scheduled to take his Official Visit to Duke on October 23rd. We should all be happy that even with the full court press by Roy, this visit is still planned.
    I've heard that he is still planning not just the Duke OV, but the others as well. So no need to check all the messageboards every 10 minutes.*

*So I tell myself.

lots of time between now and Oct. 23.

As of right now, Harrison is still scheduled to take his Official Visit to Duke on October 23rd. We should all be happy that even with the full court press by Roy, this visit is still planned.
    Roy seems to have some talismanic power on this board. Barnes has been seriously considering Duke for quite some time, and he even visited Duke last year.

Why would he suddenly drop Duke just because Roy showed interest in him?

7. Quote Originally Posted by JaMarcus Russell View Post
    Roy seems to have some talismanic power on this board. Barnes has been seriously considering Duke for quite some time, and he even visited Duke last year.

Why would he suddenly drop Duke just because Roy showed interest in him?
    I'm hoping he won't. But he wouldn't be the first kid to surprise supposed "insiders" by going elsewhere before his visit. Nor would he be the first guy who many had called a "heavy Duke lean" to jump to UNC unexpectedly. IMO, there's a very good reason that folks are jumpy around here.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Where is this info from?
    Can't find the link now, but when I checked last night K's jet was wheels up about 35 minutes ahead of schedule based on the filed flight plan.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    Can't find the link now, but when I checked last night K's jet was wheels up about 35 minutes ahead of schedule.
    Y'all sound like you're tracking Santa Claus on Christmas eve.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Can't find the link now, but when I checked last night K's jet was wheels up about 35 minutes ahead of schedule based on the filed flight plan.
    I saw that too... however, given that the Duke coaches were apparently at the house for 3 and a half hours either way, it hopefully doesn't mean much if anything.

I'm not much for tracking flights but I won't pass judgement on you for doing so. I'd check the time difference between Durham and Iowa before calculating that "early" departure.

As to the reason for simply being happy in the fact that we still have the OV, I think DCFD laid the reasons out well, but I'd add that on 10/10 we'll be at the 1 year anniversary of our last commitment (Ryan Kelly).

It's good to take pleasure in the small things in life...

Dang K. I don't fly much, but whenever I do, I run into delays. He probably had help with his luggage, too. And an in-flight movie with American Express ads with you-know-who.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilCastDownfromDurham View Post
    I'm hoping he won't. But he wouldn't be the first kid to surprise supposed "insiders" by going elsewhere before his visit. Nor would he be the first guy who many had called a "heavy Duke lean" to jump to UNC unexpectedly. IMO, there's a very good reason that folks are jumpy around here.
    So this proves that not every single player with a Duke offer signs with us. That's hardly surprising considering no school signs every target (except Duke in 2002 and maybe a handful of other exceptions). So far Roy has beaten out Duke for Wright and Leslie McDonald, who is a decent prospect. It isn't as if he has taken multiple players who loved Duke and had spoken out about how much they liked Coach K.

Lots of neutral observers seem to think that Barnes really likes Duke, and that's the kind of information that I pay attention to moreso than what "insiders" at various pay sites are saying (and that isn't in any way a hit against Watzone or any of those guys, but rather the fans who claim to have inside information about 3 big recruits every year).

When it comes to recruiting, there are two kinds of fanbases. First you have the Alabama and Tennessee football fans, along with the UK basketball fans of the past 5 months who think that every single prospect is going to come to their school. Then you have guys like the LSU football fans, who think that every committed prospect is going to jump to Alabama because one guy did that three years ago. I guess they also fall for the homerism of the other SEC fans. Reading this thread, it seems like Duke fans have really let Roy get into their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Dang K. I don't fly much, but whenever I do, I run into delays. He probably had help with his luggage, too. And an in-flight movie with American Express ads with you-know-who.
    Flying private is the only way to go.

15. Quote Originally Posted by JaMarcus Russell View Post
    So this proves that not every single player with a Duke offer signs with us. That's hardly surprising considering no school signs every target (except Duke in 2002 and maybe a handful of other exceptions). So far Roy has beaten out Duke for Wright and Leslie McDonald, who is a decent prospect. It isn't as if he has taken multiple players who loved Duke and had spoken out about how much they liked Coach K.

Lots of neutral observers seem to think that Barnes really likes Duke, and that's the kind of information that I pay attention to moreso than what "insiders" at various pay sites are saying (and that isn't in any way a hit against Watzone or any of those guys, but rather the fans who claim to have inside information about 3 big recruits every year).

When it comes to recruiting, there are two kinds of fanbases. First you have the Alabama and Tennessee football fans, along with the UK basketball fans of the past 5 months who think that every single prospect is going to come to their school. Then you have guys like the LSU football fans, who think that every committed prospect is going to jump to Alabama because one guy did that three years ago. I guess they also fall for the homerism of the other SEC fans. Reading this thread, it seems like Duke fans have really let Roy get into their heads.
    I think we mostly agree, especially about not relying on unreliable "insiders" and I'm on record as saying that full-time K is still the best recruiter in the business. I tend to think that Duke fans have let quite a few things get into their heads including Roy but for the reasons I've stated above I think it's entirely understandable that this has happened. We've had ludicrously bad luck with injuries, 5-star busts, and misses while things have fallen historically well for our neighbors down I-85.

But no worries, if Kyrie and Harrison come to Duke and we start catching up to the Heels and playing to our seed in March we can go back to being the arrogant, spoiled fan base that everyone loved 8 years ago.

I'm not much for tracking flights but I won't pass judgement on you for doing so. I'd check the time difference between Durham and Iowa before calculating that "early" departure.
    Dude - You can't be serious. You asked the question based on someone else's post and I simply provided the info. (2) What's your implication in your statement that you won't pass judgment, although I could not care less what you think. Furthermore the tracking information was contained in a link in another post in this thread. So what's your point. (3) I'm a Duke grad, I understand perfectly well that Iowa is central time.

It went well. Not much news comes out of in-home visits...
    Particularly if the HS coach was not here to leak anything as Barnes family plays it close to the vest until Barnes makes his diary public as he did after the UNC visit. That may be for OVs only though.

Everyone Relax

Calm down everyone!! No one gets it. Kyrie Irving, Austin Rivers and Harrison Barnes will all commit to Duke soon after October 23rd. This is a set up and they want to all do it on the same day. That is why Kyrie waited, Harrison is playing with the Heels and Austin is just trying to figure out how he writes a break up letter to Florida. Sit back, relax and get ready to polish our fourth National Championship!!
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    Calm down everyone!! No one gets it. Kyrie Irving, Austin Rivers and Harrison Barnes will all commit to Duke soon after October 23rd.
    I choose to believe that this is true, because it makes absolutely no difference what I think between now and then. I suggest everyone else do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    I choose to believe that this is true, because it makes absolutely no difference what I think between now and then.
    Don't sell yourself short...