Quote Originally Posted by mo.st.dukie View Post
Actually Duke can afford to have a finesse post player, at least for his freshman season. Look at the other post players on the team his first year, Kyle Singler is listed at 6'8 235 (same as Patrick Patterson btw) and will be a solid "4" man and could possibly gain another 5 lbs. Zoubek is huge but of course needs to improve his game which I think he will. I expect Olek to be quite good in 09-10 (sophomore season) and could add more muscle to his 240 lb. body. Right there you have three big players. Miles could also add alot of strength by his sophomore year and be up to 235/240+. LT will probably stay right around 220. So I honestly don't think we need a banger that year and Mason will be very good for the team as a finesse player. The next year, however, Duke will need a banger and that's where Josh Smith and Nate Lubick come in along with a finesse post player in Hairston.
Sure Duke could afford to have another finesse post player, but we need a true 5/banger much more (Zoubek is the only one). Even if Singler has the same weight/height at Patterson, I think we all know they have considerably different games. Czyz is 6'7" and supposedly doesn't have great post moves other than dunking at this time. Mason Plumlee is somewhat of a finesse post player, is better than Miles, and will be coming next year. Lance is also what I would call a finesse post player, though mostly due to his lack of strength since he does attempt to play big.