Thread: Far Out Video

Far Out Video

This video is the most bizzare, out there video I have ever seen. The music alone is enough to make you have nightmares, but other than learning to draw better I can't for the life of me figure out what it's trying to say. It was the final project for a film student at the Sanannah Institute of Art.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/549784/

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Latta6970 View Post
    It was the final project for a film student at the Sanannah Institute of Art.
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/549784/
    I'd say drugs are fun, but you never know with art students, a lot are pretty straight edge. The film was very well done. I dragged my best friend in high school up to the Corcoran for a year after he graduated (one year behind me), but he wasn't a DC fan and transferred to Savannah. They have some pretty cool programs down there.

Savannah

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'd say drugs are fun, but you never know with art students, a lot are pretty straight edge. The film was very well done. I dragged my best friend in high school up to the Corcoran for a year after he graduated (one year behind me), but he wasn't a DC fan and transferred to Savannah. They have some pretty cool programs down there.
    Yeah it's really, really well done but it's just so surreal for lack of a better word. I was supposed to end up at the Atlanta school of art but ended up at UNC-G. The video almost reminds me of some French film that has some deep message about life but hardly anyone gets it.

It's pretty clear that the pencil symbolizes our dependence on foreign oil. We get all we want until, until, until you ask for just a little bit too much (like a lollypop) and then the strange sound thingy eats you and you are in there forever.
    ~rthomas

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Latta6970 View Post
    Yeah it's really, really well done but it's just so surreal for lack of a better word. I was supposed to end up at the Atlanta school of art but ended up at UNC-G. The video almost reminds me of some French film that has some deep message about life but hardly anyone gets it.
    Kudos to UNC-G...my high school art teacher graduated from there. If it weren't for that guy trying to get me to paint green trees pink, I wouldn't be painting now. Seriously. He probably had more influence on me than all of my BFA teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    It's pretty clear that the pencil symbolizes our dependence on foreign oil. We get all we want until, until, until you ask for just a little bit too much (like a lollypop) and then the strange sound thingy eats you and you are in there forever.
    I gotta admit, I did the silent film treatment. I'm listening to my favorite after dinner radio show, and painting, so no interference allowed!

Yup. That's why I shouldn't catch up on DBR right before I go to bed. That's gonna F up my dreams tonight.