Getting to know 2010 prospect Nate Lubick

One of the prospects in the loaded class of 2010 that Duke is looking at is Nate Lubick, a skilled big man. Here is and article on the young man where he talks recruiting and more http://bluedevilnation.wordpress.com/.

I will be heading to Augusta to see Lubick and other prospects play this weekend.

Lubick is the teammate of Erik Murphy who picked Florida. That decison ended up being the best thing that ever happended for Duke in that they landed Mason Plumlee.

Thanks watzone. Nate is a prospect I was really wanting to know more about.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    One of the prospects in the loaded class of 2010 that Duke is looking at is Nate Lubick, a skilled big man. Here is and article on the young man where he talks recruiting and more http://bluedevilnation.wordpress.com/.

I will be heading to Augusta to see Lubick and other prospects play this weekend.

Lubick is the teammate of Erik Murphy who picked Florida. That decison ended up being the best thing that ever happended for Duke in that they landed Mason Plumlee.
    Which led to Miles and possibly Marshall.

Nice article, thanks Watzone.

I am curious though... Nate says he plays on the wing, but also down low. What size is he? The article did not list height or weight.

For all those posters who are so dogmatic about Coach K not defining players by position, it is interesting to note that Coach K told Nate he needs to solidify what position he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Nice article, thanks Watzone.

I am curious though... Nate says he plays on the wing, but also down low. What size is he? The article did not list height or weight.

For all those posters who are so dogmatic about Coach K not defining players by position, it is interesting to note that Coach K told Nate he needs to solidify what position he plays.
    He could be 6-10 when all is said and done. He is close to 6-9 now. He needs to develop his inside game a bit more which would make him more rounded. He weighs about 220. On the road to Augusta ...

Thanks watzone. Would be interested in knowing a tad more about his game. Sounds like he likes play outside, but saw no mention of his shooting touch. I assume he's got a solid stroke?

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Very interesting to note that, down right surprising frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Thanks watzone. Would be interested in knowing a tad more about his game. Sounds like he likes play outside, but saw no mention of his shooting touch. I assume he's got a solid stroke?
    For a power forward, it's a solid stroke, but, for a modern small forward, it's below-average. Given his lateral quickness and upper-body strength, he's better suited to commit to playing power forward. On his AAU team, the NE Playaz, he plays along the frontline with former Duke recruit, Erik Murphy, and a 6'9" pf Jordan Williams. He plays for his father at St. Mark's and ex-Celtics coach John Carroll for the NE Playaz.

Sounds like he can play anything from the 3 to the 5, which on our guard-laden teams probably means 4 or 5. Either way, so much versatility is very attractive.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCrazy'11 View Post
    Sounds like he can play anything from the 3 to the 5, which on our guard-laden teams probably means 4 or 5. Either way, so much versatility is very attractive.
    How dare you use those kind of obscene numbers when referring to our basketball team. Only Dean Smith would speak that way about basketball players as having numbered positions!

(it's a joke, b/c I've been lambasted like this before)

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCrazy'11 View Post
    Realistically, he is a 4. Watzone had noted that Lubick is now around 220 (likely even a few more pounds than that ). He has utilized an extensive training program at nearby Holy Cross that has elevated him from 165 just over two years ago to his current weight. He may not be Charles Atlas or Taymon Domzalski, but it is an indication of his dedication.