A co-worker today shared photos of an MRI with us and it reminded me of something I did in May of last year that the Ortheopedist (sp) adimitted later totallly cracked him up.

Next time you are in the "prep room" to go under the knife, take a Sharpie pen and near the area of incision, write notes to your surgeon (be PC about it though; don't offend, as that would equate to someone in the fast food drive through cracking jokes on the person taking the order. Not smart).

I don't remember everything I wrote, but prior to my Achilles surgery I went to town with a Sharpie, drawing happy faces and writing a few messages like:

"Dr. Pike RULEZ!"

"Make incision here." (with arrow)

"Anything I say while going under is a LIE!"

During my months of rehab and getting to know the guy, he later told me that he actually appreciated that and it DID catch him a bit by surprise. I love Dr. Pike, and if he were a beautiful woman instead of a beautiful, rich, successful doctor, I would kiss him on the lips and massage his temples.

-EarlJam

P.S. I know. I misspelled surgeons (had Atlanta's pitcher "Jurrgens" on the mind).