Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by verga View Post
    that game was also known for the great block Laettner had on Mourning. Of course the Spaldingburger Henderson put on Mourning was, well, priceless. Its one of the 3 best i've seen of a Duke player. Corey Maggette's dunk just before half against Temple in the NCAA in "99" and of course the dunk Eugene "Tinkerbell" Banks put on Ralph Sampson was and is a classic. Does anyone remember those??
    Plenty of room for discussion on a "Top Dunk" list but we probably need to include Grant Hill's dunk on a pass thrown too high (it appeared) from Hurley early in the championship final vs Kansas in 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Plenty of room for discussion on a "Top Dunk" list but we probably need to include Grant Hill's dunk on a pass thrown too high (it appeared) from Hurley early in the championship final vs Kansas in 1991.
    No question in my mind that is number one. Vastly underrated and a fairly close second, IMO, is one Grant threw down on Shaq's LSU team the next year. About an equally high degree of difficulty -- he had to reach back for a lob in a half court set and get his body under control.

Greatest duke dunk was b Dahntay Jones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXki-yInDQg

Clean Up On Aisle 14

Can a moderator please clean this up? I keep checking in and seeing that the thread is updated, and it is about an off shoot of an offshoot of an offshoot. This thread is completely out of control. I would never click on a thread about best dunks. Who cares? The mods have been given hugely broad police powers over this board, and I would like to see them excercised in a manner other than as thought police.

Being a mod means you have duties as well as powers. Step in already.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Can a moderator please clean this up? I keep checking in and seeing that the thread is updated, and it is about an off shoot of an offshoot of an offshoot. This thread is completely out of control. I would never click on a thread about best dunks. Who cares? The mods have been given hugely broad police powers over this board, and I would like to see them excercised in a manner other than as thought police.

Being a mod means you have duties as well as powers. Step in already.
    Actually it appears if dunks from basketball past are being compared to games at NCCU from this summer. So how is that way off of the original topic? Give up the negativity on your postings already.