View Poll Results: What's your favorite breakfast joint?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bob Evans

1 2.86%
  • Denny's

2 5.71%
  • IHOP

4 11.43%
  • Original House of Pancakes

2 5.71%
  • Perkins

1 2.86%
  • Shoney's

0 0%
  • Waffle House

3 8.57%
  • Other

22 62.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What's your favorite breakfast joint?

I had to vote Other. All of these places are pretty close in quality but nothing can compare to Eat At Joes in Redondo Beach. I highly recommend the John Wayne Special: Two eggs over medium with cheese on home fries and a tortilla smothered in Spanish sauce and surrounded with sausage.

Dear Mods

It's come to my attention that I am a complete doofus and mistyped an option.
    Original House of Pancakes should be Original Pancake House. Can you help a doofus out?
    Love,
    Doofus.

Looks like Mr. 2535 got a little overzealous in posting.

I'm guessing that it's supposed to be Original Pancake House?

Seriously, who puts one of those chains as a great breakfast place? My favorite is this place down by the beach.

The West Egg Cafe in Streeterville, Chicago.

As chains go, how does Crackerbarrel not at least make the list? It was repeatedly mention in what I presume was the thread which inspired this poll.

Quote Originally Posted by UVaAmbassador View Post
    As chains go, how does Crackerbarrel not at least make the list? It was repeatedly mention in what I presume was the thread which inspired this poll.
    Word to that. But I think the Hop would still get my vote.

Bob and Edith's in Arlington, VA. It's in an old Arby's and has a shaded outdoor seating area. Awesome on a Sun. morning.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post
    Bob and Edith's in Arlington, VA. It's in an old Arby's and has a shaded outdoor seating area. Awesome on a Sun. morning.
    Yeah, baby! Bob and Edith's also has some real characters in there at 2 in the morning when you're heading back to VA after a night out in DC. I'm referring to the one on Columbia Pike. Apparently there is another one because I have never seen outdoor seating.
    The Gordog

Cracker Barrell

I like Cracker Barrell for breakfast too. IHOP comes in a close second.
    Tom Mac

Weekend brunch in Portland is just about the best thing ever... and we have waiting lines to prove it. Some of my favorites are (for anyone nearby):

Pine State Biscuits
    Arleta Library
    Flavour Spot
    Jace Gace
    Stepping Stone Cafe

There are so many others I'd like to try. Mmmm... breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommac View Post
    I like Cracker Barrell for breakfast too. IHOP comes in a close second.
    Ditto. I'd go with CB > Honey's > IHOP if I was in Durham

I think this poll should be specifically targeted to chains. Of course everyone's fav is some little hometown place, but that doesn't fit in a poll.

Quote Originally Posted by UVaAmbassador View Post
    Major screwup on my part. I rushed the poll. See my previous post "It's come to my attention that I am a complete doofus"

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I think this poll should be specifically targeted to chains. Of course everyone's fav is some little hometown place, but that doesn't fit in a poll.
    Perhaps, but it's kinda cool to see people name their favorite hometown place. I suppose we could lock this thread and then start two separate threads, but I'm sure the Mods have better things to do than keep cleaning up my messes.

Pancake Pantry - Nashville, TN

An order of silver dollar pancakes, hashbrowns, and a Coke cured many a hangover at this Nashville establishment right by the Vandy campus.

Bonus: I saw Faith Hill there my freshman year.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Left off Golden Corral. If I could, I'd stay there from breakfast to dinner. This opinion depends on your local GC. Some are huge and have everything, some not so big with not so much. Mine is big enough to keep me well fed.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Left off Golden Corral. If I could, I'd stay there from breakfast to dinner. This opinion depends on your local GC. Some are huge and have everything, some not so big with not so much. Mine is big enough to keep me well fed.
    Is El's Drive In still around? Not really a breakfast joint but you could get a bacon and egg sandwich. I miss that place.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Is El's Drive In still around? Not really a breakfast joint but you could get a bacon and egg sandwich. I miss that place.
    Yes and still busy as always.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    An order of silver dollar pancakes, hashbrowns, and a Coke cured many a hangover at this Nashville establishment right by the Vandy campus.

Bonus: I saw Faith Hill there my freshman year.
    You've pretty much gotta have one of those "go to" places for hangovers. There's a hole in the wall diner in Lynchburg, VA called the Texas Inn (aka the "T Room") which served that role nicely. Nothing like a sausage and egg sandwhich, a bowl of chili and a waitress with attitude to spare to make you forget your 80 pound head.

Another place tried to open up down the street and be the same type of deal. It never took off though, the place was way too clean and modern looking. What makes the T Room special was the colorful cast of characters you were liable to meet at 4 in the morning, and the entertainment of the inevitable fistfight outside amongst them. The clientelle at the other place just had way to many teeth.

My pick would be Bob Evans,a good joint for weekends.
    Elm's in Durham, Gypsy's Shining Diner in Cary are also two of my faves.
    And I also would not want to leave ff the 'ol hole in the walls around towns that have some good foods, such as (surprisingly) The Exxon Grill on Erwin (half a mile from Duke Hospital), Another Grill (dont know of the name) on 54 in RTP and the list goes on.