Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

knock on the door

This was a digression I was not going to post. But the police knocked on my door last night at 1:00 AM. He wanted to report that there were three junior high school kids streaking and ran up my driveway. He said a neighbor complained. Turns out it was my son and his buddies sleeping over they decided to streak down to the bus barn. I thought about it and thought, nothing malicious or mean spirited, no drugs or alcohol, heck it was exercise and doing something, what's the big deal... actually the police officer felt kind of the same and gave them a very half hearted talk. Sometimes boys will be boys and they need to work off the energy, maybe we should just give them more prescription drugs to calm them down.

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    This was a digression I was not going to post. But the police knocked on my door last night at 1:00 AM. He wanted to report that there were three junior high school kids streaking and ran up my driveway. He said a neighbor complained. Turns out it was my son and his buddies sleeping over they decided to streak down to the bus barn. I thought about it and thought, nothing malicious or mean spirited, no drugs or alcohol, heck it was exercise and doing something, what's the big deal... actually the police officer felt kind of the same and gave them a very half hearted talk. Sometimes boys will be boys and they need to work off the energy, maybe we should just give them more prescription drugs to calm them down.
    What was the neighbor doing up at 1am, watching for streaking junior high boys?

I would rather have naked teenagers running through the neighborhood as a joke instead of the car stereos pounding so loudly that my bones rattle. Or the guy across the street who feels it necessary to rev his motorcycle twenty times then take off doing sixty in a 35. Naked teens at 1am are bothering noone. Stereos at all hours and speeding motorcycles in busy neighborhoods bother everyone.

Damn, I'm getting old. Though these would have bugged me at 13.

Go for it!

Yahoo! Streaking down the street?!? Good, harmless fun with a positive streak (pun intended) of imagination and leadership.

Ritilin

Some one posted this above...but one thing that definitely has changed since I was a kid is this:

We didn't (thankfully) have Ritilin.

If we had, I'm sure I would have been one drugged up little kid. I hate to make blanket statements, and I'm sure there are examples where a hyper active drug is needed, but mostly I see these as an easy copyout for parents who have active kids and are too busy to try and deal with them. It's the greatest scam in pharmaceutical history, and the effect that it will have on the millions of kids on these drugs won't really be known for decades to come (and my prediction is that it will not be pretty).

You would have to tie me down before you ever got one of those drugs into one of my kids.

But that's just me...

changed

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    any of them named OZZIE?