View Poll Results: Are you a fan of breakfast for dinner?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It's one of the greatest meals in the world.

31 91.18%
  • No. It's one of the worst meals in the world.

0 0%
  • Indifferent. I'll eat it but I never crave it.

1 2.94%
  • Other. Please explain.

2 5.88%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I love grits. Grits with butter and scrambled eggs in the morning. Grits casserole with lots of garlic for dinner. We have the recipe and make Shrimp and Grits a la Crooks Corner. And it is freaking awesome.

So how about you? Do you like grits? or hate them? or don't understand them?
    ~rthomas

I can't imagine not liking breakfast for dinner. Biscuits and gravy. Omelets. Pancakes. Oatmeal. Their all great at night.

You IHOP lovers might enjoy this.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    I love grits. Grits with butter and scrambled eggs in the morning. Grits casserole with lots of garlic for dinner. We have the recipe and make Shrimp and Grits a la Crooks Corner. And it is freaking awesome.

LOVE THEM! Sorry for shouting. My favorites are with butter and mixed with eggs over medium.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    I can't imagine not liking breakfast for dinner. Biscuits and gravy. Omelets. Pancakes. Oatmeal. Their all great at night.

You IHOP lovers might enjoy this.
    Mmmmmmmm, biscuits and gravy for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    LOVE THEM! Sorry for shouting. My favorites are with butter and mixed with eggs over medium.
    Almost perfectly described. I actually prefer the eggs poached with shrimp and grits.

Dinner for breakfast

I picked "other" so I supposed to explain.

Basically, while I generally like breakfast foods, I find the sweet stuff too sweet to have more than a few times a year. And the savory stuff is good, but really what I like is having a smaller portion of dinner leftovers for breakfast.

Now that I drink coffee, I do sort of like a muffin or pancake for breakfast since coffee and fried rice is kind of weird. But honestly, the fried rice is way faster than making muffins or pancakes. So I'm doing my leftovers and coffee and living with the weirdness.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    You live in SoCal, isn't there a Roscoe's somewhere near you? Much better for the late night meal.

Breakfast for dinner is alright, but I never crave it.
    Roscoe's has nothing on mom's home-cookin, nothing!
    Roscoe's is killer good though.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebutton View Post
    I picked "other" so I supposed to explain.

Basically, while I generally like breakfast foods, I find the sweet stuff too sweet to have more than a few times a year. And the savory stuff is good, but really what I like is having a smaller portion of dinner leftovers for breakfast.

Now that I drink coffee, I do sort of like a muffin or pancake for breakfast since coffee and fried rice is kind of weird. But honestly, the fried rice is way faster than making muffins or pancakes. So I'm doing my leftovers and coffee and living with the weirdness.
    Ahhh leftovers for breakfast, that deserves it's one thread. I do like the sound of fried rice for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    That's why diner's are great! You can get breakfast 24/7, and your dining partners can eat whatever.
    Darn it, it's dinner time and you've all got me craving Waffle House, or Bob & Edith's Diner's veggie omelet.

Wonder how the hubby would feel about brinner this evening...

Smile Note to Fish80

Shrimp and Grits at the Buckhead Bakery.

YMMM.......

Chicken and Waffles at Gladys & Ron's by the Fox Theatre.

YMMM......

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    This thread proves that OldPhiKap is an iconoclast. And he's wrong.
    I will wear both approbations with pride.

Agreed. But ihop or Cracker Barrel for dinner (especially if you are driving from Charleston to Boston in one day and need to refuel on the road, just to pull an arbitrary example out of the air) is perfectly acceptable.

Where I disagree is with the contention that Waffle House is ever an acceptable meal. That is where we part ways.
    While working a graveyard shift in Cary one summer, Waffle House was my only option when not bringing a lunch. Did you realize they do takeout at 3am?

Something about Cracker Barrel really disturbs me. I won't go there by choice.

Denny's

But ihop or Cracker Barrel for dinner is perfectly acceptable.
    Don't leave out Denny's for your gourmet breakfast at lunch or dinner selection. A Slam breakfast (whichever variation you prefer) is a great, economical choice. And I like their pancakes better than either of the choices above.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Wink Calling on Shammrog

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Something about Cracker Barrel really disturbs me. I won't go there by choice.
    You are not alone in that sentiment.

And how many possibilities are there for ordering hash browns at Waffle House?

I believe the answer is one short of a prime number.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post

"If you like fish and grits and that pimp $#@!
    Then everybody let me hear you say O-Yea-yer"

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    "If you like fish and grits and that pimp $#@!
    Then everybody let me hear you say O-Yea-yer"
    I'm cooler than a polar bear's toenails.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    You are not alone in that sentiment.

And how many possibilities are there for ordering hash browns at Waffle House?

I believe the answer is one short of a prime number.

Almost! There are 254 ways to order your hash browns at Waffle House (I think). If you assume that you can have your hash browns "not scattered" then you have 8 different combinations minus 1 (can't be scattered and not scattered at the same time).

Almost! There are 254 ways to order your hash browns at Waffle House (I think). If you assume that you can have your hash browns "not scattered" then you have 8 different combinations minus 1 (can't be scattered and not scattered at the same time).
    Let's be real, how many folks order their hash browns "unscattered," with any of the other options? I think the short order cook would just break an egg over your head for that bit of ridiculousness.

Scattered, smothered, covered and chunked for me, please. With a pecan waffle and an egg over-easy on top.

(can't be scattered and not scattered at the same time).
    I think it would be fairly awesome to try to order that and watch the 3am shift's head explode. In a similar vein, I've always wanted to order a "hot chocolate, hold the chocolate." I've always wondered what a "cup of hot" looks like.

Edit: Upon rereading, that looks like an EarlJam post. My month off did me no favors.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Let's be real, how many folks order their hash browns "unscattered," with any of the other options? I think the short order cook would just break an egg over your head for that bit of ridiculousness.

Scattered, smothered, covered and chunked for me, please. With a pecan waffle and an egg over-easy on top.
    You're totally right. I sometimes have my hash browns in a giant, solid, slab of fried goodness, but I only do that at home. Really though, I originally calculated it based on 7 combinations, but then I thought, someone out there just might like there's "not-scattered" so I had to include it.

And 254 seems much cooler than 127.