View Poll Results: Are you a fan of breakfast for dinner?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. It's one of the greatest meals in the world.

31 91.18%
  • No. It's one of the worst meals in the world.

0 0%
  • Indifferent. I'll eat it but I never crave it.

1 2.94%
  • Other. Please explain.

2 5.88%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Breakfast for Dinner

I freaking love having breakfast for dinner. Bacon, eggs, grits, toast, fruit, coffee, orange juice... the whole nine yards.

Love it. Unfortunately, I'm metabolically challenged, so I'll pass out as soon as I finish that delightful binner and probably gain 5 pounds overnight.

Clarification

Cereal alone does not count in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Love it. Unfortunately, I'm metabolically challenged, so I'll pass out as soon as I finish that delightful binner and probably gain 5 pounds overnight.
    I'm metabolically challenged as well, but sometimes the late night breakfast is just too good to pass up.

I'm also realizing I should clarify that Waffle House, after the bars close, is not an acceptable answer for this poll. It is, or should be, widely accepted that Waffle House at 2:00 AM or later is a perfectly acceptable meal in it's own special category.

I'm talking about breakfast during regularly schedule dinner hours.

I love huge southern b'fasts. But only before noon. B'fast at dinner is just damn wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I freaking love having breakfast for dinner. Bacon, eggs, grits, toast, fruit, coffee, orange juice... the whole nine yards.
    If I leave now, will breakfast be on the table by the time I get there tomorrow night?

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    If I leave now, will breakfast be on the table by the time I get there tomorrow night?
    Damn skippy. I'll even bake mom's hashbrown casserole.

Damn skippy. I'll even bake mom's hashbrown casserole.
    I am soooooo there!!!!

I'm also realizing I should clarify that Waffle House, after the bars close, is not an acceptable answer for this poll. It is, or should be, widely accepted that Waffle House at 2:00 AM or later is a perfectly acceptable meal in it's own special category.
    Agreed. But ihop or Cracker Barrel for dinner (especially if you are driving from Charleston to Boston in one day and need to refuel on the road, just to pull an arbitrary example out of the air) is perfectly acceptable.

Where I disagree is with the contention that Waffle House is ever an acceptable meal. That is where we part ways.

That's why diner's are great! You can get breakfast 24/7, and your dining partners can eat whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    That's why diner's are great! You can get breakfast 24/7, and your dining partners can eat whatever.
    Indeed. Ditto for Cracker Barrel. But while IHOP has non-breakfast stuff on the menu, I've never actually seen anyone order it.

I rarely eat anything for breakfast, so I have to get my breakfast fix at lunch or dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I love huge southern b'fasts. But only before noon. B'fast at dinner is just damn wrong.
    Completely disagree. The REAL problem is breakfast at breakfast time. It's much better at night.

Then again, I don't really like to eat in the morning, period, so maybe it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Completely disagree. The REAL problem is breakfast at breakfast time. It's much better at night.

Then again, I don't really like to eat in the morning, period, so maybe it's just me.
    Ditto to you and Schwarz. I have to force myself to eat breakfast at breakfast time. That 'most important meal of the day' stuff is hooey.

This thread proves that OldPhiKap is an iconoclast. And he's wrong.

Agreed. But ihop or Cracker Barrel for dinner (especially if you are driving from Charleston to Boston in one day and need to refuel on the road, just to pull an arbitrary example out of the air) is perfectly acceptable.
    Choosing between iHop and Waffle House is like choosing whether you want your ulna or radius broken. Either way, you're still gonna pay for it. Cracker Barrel on the other hand; I'm a huge fan.

Where I disagree is with the contention that Waffle House is ever an acceptable meal. That is where we part ways.
    You have to add the caveat... "in it's own special category." You will never find me sober and voluntarily eating a meal at Waffle House. 2:00 AM, bars closed, we've got the munchies... yeah I'm there.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I am soooooo there!!!!
    Mom's hashbrown casserole is so good it'll make a priest kick out a stain glassed window.

Choosing between iHop and Waffle House is like choosing whether you want your ulna or radius broken. Either way, you're still gonna pay for it. Cracker Barrel on the other hand; I'm a huge fan.
    I still disagree. I genuinely like IHOP, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

I still disagree. I genuinely like IHOP, and I'm not afraid to admit it.
    Right on! I've never seen anyone order non-breakfast items at IHOP either.

I'm metabolically challenged as well, but sometimes the late night breakfast is just too good to pass up.

I'm talking about breakfast during regularly schedule dinner hours.
    You live in SoCal, isn't there a Roscoe's somewhere near you? Much better for the late night meal.

Breakfast for dinner is alright, but I never crave it.