Miami vs. Chicago - Orlando Summer League

http://www.nba.com/media/magic/Game_2_Box_Score.pdf

I guess I was a rare one that though the Bulls should have taken Beasley over Rose. While we are at least a few years away from being able to tell if they made the right decision or not...

Round 1 goes to Beasley... Chalmers also distributed fairly well... and he actually outplayed Rose... (6/1 a/t ratio compared to 4/5 a/t)

Beasley's Stat Line

21 FGA and 12 FTA in 23 minutes. Yikes!

Forever,

I am with you on Beasley over Rose, no disrespect to Rose, I just think Beasley is a unique talent. If history is any guide, we will be proven right since Chicago seems to have a habit of picking poorly except for Lou. Doc

I felt most analysts more or less agreed with the decision of Rose...

but I do think Beasley is a unique talent and will be worth more in the end...

and I think he would have done more for Chicago than Rose.

Beasely easily owns Thomas and Noah...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3477216

the thing is...

could Rose even really get the best of Kurt H.?

Rose

Let's be fair to Rose. He's coming off of tendonitis, which is hard to bounce back from, especially for a guy who relies on his speed and quickness. Also, PGs take longer to acclimate to the NBA game than SFs and PFs. Chris Paul is the anomaly and remember, he had more seasoning in the NCAAs than Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorhook View Post
    Forever,

I am with you on Beasley over Rose, no disrespect to Rose, I just think Beasley is a unique talent. If history is any guide, we will be proven right since Chicago seems to have a habit of picking poorly except for Lou. Doc
    Hmmm, Jordan? Pippen?

I'm also in the boat of "I'd have picked Beasley". I was so confident that I bet my wife he'd be rookie of the year, taking him over the field.

Unfortunately, I now feel I'm gonna lose that bet, as I didn't account for the fact that Greg Oden is eligible for ROY still.

Beasley's performance is actually meaningful since he did it (at least one would assume) against Joakim Noah and Tyrus Thomas.

He did...

Reports state that he was in fact matched up against Thomas and Noah for most of the night. He reportedly had less success against Thomas, but blew up against Noah, scoring something like 18 points against him in the third (10 minute) quarter. Chicago also tried to put the smaller Demetrious Nichols on him, but Beasley just shot over him. Just one game, but not a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Beasley's performance is actually meaningful since he did it (at least one would assume) against Joakim Noah and Tyrus Thomas.
    Bingo. Yes, it's the NBA Summer League and the games are ultimately inconsequential. But whatever you might think about Joakim Noah, he's a starter on an NBA team, period. And Tyrus Thomas is an established NBA player that started 27 games last season. Both are substantially bigger than Beasley. What he did last night was impressive, no way around it.

That being said, I'm not exactly going to sit here and have reservations about Rose. Both him and Beasley will be very good NBA players.