Great Cubs-Cardinals series

I don't know if you're seeing these games on the east coast. They just gave us BOS-NYY at the conclusion of the game.

The Cubs have been the kings of solo home runs. They won last night 2-1, on a huge performance by Zambrano coming off the DL. Kerry Wood got some ball-strike calls the home crowd hated.

Today, the Cardinals come into the ninth trailing 4-2 and facing Wood again. He's 12/12 in saves. Adam Kennedy, who killed a rally in the 6th with a DP, drives in the thrid run, and Rick Ankiel comes through with 2 out to drive in the tying and winning runs. Duncan, who scored the winning run, had been an IBB.

Great to have the Cubs in town on July 4 weekend.

I'll be on the road tomorrow, but I hope I can get some of it on the Cardinals Memphis or Tupelo affiliates.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

As a lifelong Cardinals fan (mother was from Missouri), I don't think I've ever felt quite so patriotic as contemplating the Cardinals and Cubs in a meaningful series over July 4th weekend. I worked in St. Louis for a year and didn't meet a single person who didn't follow the Birds closely. Best baseball town in the country.

Agreed on all sentiments in this thread. I spent the 4th watching the great Cubs-Cards game followed by the Twins taking it to my Cleveland Indians (the white flag has been waved by this team ) and finally the wild one between the Marlins and Rockies (I knew I should've headed up to Coors last night and bought a cheap seat).

I'm an AL guy (with the Rocks as my NL team), but I always root for both the Cubs and the Cardinals to succeed. Baseball just seems better when those teams are winning.