Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ryan Kelly

Davidson09, I have heard Davidson mentioned in the recruitement of rising senior Ryan Kelly. He seems to be a terrific talent who has came on as a late bloomer. I know that UNC has offered but that just seems like such a crowded frontcourt in the near future.

How do you think Davidson stands with Ryan Kelly?

you are absolutely right, kramerbr. ryan kelly has been on our radar for a long time. of course, i'm not ont he coaching/recruiting staff, so there's only so much that i know. but the afrementioned is true. unc is recruiting him hard. but, as you said, their frontcourt for the future is pretty stacked. compare that to davidson, where if he comes, he will come into a program that will have graduated lovedale and rossiter. we will need more depth at the big man rotation. ryan kelly is currently among the final 14 competing for a spot on the U18 national team whose head coach is none other than Bob McKillop of Davidson. Us WIldat faithful are hoping that Ryan's direct interactions with Coach will give him a pretty good idea of what playing for Coach will be like, should he decide to join.

He's from Raleigh, right? Ravencroft? Seems to me as if he is heavily considering Davidson and UNC, he wants to stay close to home. I say we have a good a chance as UNC, and I think he could play for both teams, but if he wants mreo PT (and sooner), he will choose Davidson because the opportunity is better for him there. Just my two cents.

interesting - momentarily after i made the last post, i find this..

http://www.newsobserver.com/826/story/1132198.html

Seems Ryan Kelly has dropped UNC from his list...