2535Miles
06-04-2008, 04:14 PM
What is your favorite mayonnaise?

Devil in the Blue Dress
06-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Hellmann's

2535Miles
06-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Basketball likeness aside, I'm all for Dukes. I have family and friends mail it to me in California, or I pick up a few jars whenever I come home to visit.

DevilAlumna
06-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Hellmans, hands down.

I don't even think Miracle Whip counts as a mayonnaise, it's a (disgusting) different beast, IMO.

colchar
06-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't even think Miracle Whip counts as a mayonnaise, it's a (disgusting) different beast, IMO.

I like Miracle Whip and your comments about it describe exactly how I feel about Hellman's.

Duke4Ever32
06-04-2008, 05:35 PM
I like Miracle Whip and your comments about it describe exactly how I feel about Hellman's.

Totally ditto! Miracle Whip rocks!!

Johnboy
06-04-2008, 05:37 PM

Nevertheless, Miracle Whip (http://ninecooks.typepad.com/perfectpantry/2006/07/miracle_whip.html) is salad (http://wolves.typepad.com/food_basics/2004/02/mayonnaisemirac.html) dressing, not mayo.

DukieInKansas
06-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Nevertheless, Miracle Whip (http://ninecooks.typepad.com/perfectpantry/2006/07/miracle_whip.html) is salad (http://wolves.typepad.com/food_basics/2004/02/mayonnaisemirac.html) dressing, not mayo.

It is a salad dressing and not mayonaisse, but I still like it better than mayo. It has a nice zip to it.

bjornolf
06-04-2008, 06:13 PM
The only thing I could picture when I saw this poll was Undercover Brother! :p

2535Miles
06-04-2008, 06:44 PM
I was thinking including Miracle Whip in the poll would raise some concerns. I am in the camp that believes it's not a Mayonnaise. However, I felt that it needed to be included as a choice because it's commonly misconceived as mayo. I hardly find it to be a miracle either.

CathyCA
06-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Dukes.

They don't sell it here in California, so for the past ten years, I've brought it back with me on the plane when I've visited my mom in North Carolina. Since 9/11, the TSA has opened my suitcase every time to examine the mayonnaise.

When friends and family come to visit me from North Carolina, they always ask what I would like for them to bring. Duke's mayonnaise is the only thing I've ever requested.

There are only thirteen more days until I move back to North Carolina and my Dukes mayonnaise. :D

OZZIE4DUKE
06-04-2008, 07:25 PM
It is a salad dressing and not mayonaisse, but I still like it better than mayo. It has a nice zip to it.

Me too. And believe it or not, the Miracle Free (which is fat free) is just as tasty as the regular kind. When it is inside a sandwich, you can't tell the difference. It is the only fat free product I willingly buy (other than Bud Light!)

DevilAlumna
06-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Me too. And believe it or not, the Miracle Free (which is fat free) is just as tasty as the regular kind. When it is inside a sandwich, you can't tell the difference. It is the only fat free product I willingly buy (other than Bud Light!)

Ummm, Ozzie, I'm pretty sure that all beer is fat-free. Time to come up with a better excuse why you drink that swill... :D

devildeac
06-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Ummm, Ozzie, I'm pretty sure that all beer is fat-free. Time to come up with a better excuse why you drink that swill... :D

OOOHHHH, I feel an OTB smackdown a-comin':D

devildeac
06-04-2008, 09:16 PM

OOOHHH, I feel an OTB smackdown a-comin':D

devildeac
06-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Oops, sorry about the duplicate posting-too many toggles back and forth between the boards, preview post and submit post and losing track of where I was:o.

BCGroup
06-04-2008, 09:21 PM
When I was in the first grade, we lived in Louisiana. My grandparents brought Dukes to my dad every time they flew down.

colchar
06-04-2008, 10:12 PM

And a far more enjoyable texture.

rockymtn devil
06-04-2008, 10:19 PM
This was always an ongoing debate in my family so we kept plenty of Hellmans and Miracle Whip in the fridge.

I prefer the tangy zip. Hellmans is a sick joke.

OZZIE4DUKE
06-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Oops, sorry about the duplicate posting-too many toggles back and forth between the boards, preview post and submit post and losing track of where I was:o.

You managed to get 3 posts out of that, you PW. :D

OZZIE4DUKE
06-04-2008, 10:56 PM

I like it. That's all the reason I need, DA.

No smackdown here. Sorry Devildeac.

devildeac
06-04-2008, 11:39 PM
You managed to get 3 posts out of that, you PW. :D

I know:o (that's four now:o;))

2535Miles
06-05-2008, 01:36 AM
Dukes.

They don't sell it here in California, so for the past ten years, I've brought it back with me on the plane when I've visited my mom in North Carolina. Since 9/11, the TSA has opened my suitcase every time to examine the mayonnaise.

When friends and family come to visit me from North Carolina, they always ask what I would like for them to bring. Duke's mayonnaise is the only thing I've ever requested.

There are only thirteen more days until I move back to North Carolina and my Dukes mayonnaise. :D
We need to coordinate efforts, start the Dukes West Coast Cartel. I'm importing(paying taxes), carrying on as baggage, having friends ship and deliver. We could really be onto something.

2535Miles
06-05-2008, 01:37 AM
When I was in the first grade, we lived in Louisiana. My grandparents brought Dukes to my dad every time they flew down.
Your grandparents are fine people, model Americans.

rsvman
06-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Nobody makes their own?

Alton Brown has a good recipe up at the Food Network web site.

2535Miles
06-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Nobody makes their own?
Alton Brown has a good recipe up at the Food Network web site.
Definitely fun to make and I really enjoy it too. Alton has skills, I saw the episode where he made the mayo.