PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Balboa vs. Ivan Drago

EarlJam
06-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Man, I'm sorry, but there's just no way...........NO WAY.......Rocky could have beaten Ivan Drago back in the 80s. The fight had to be fixed.

I mean, dang, Drago literally KILLED Apollo Creed and Rocky barely beat HIM.

Not to mention Drago was twice Rocky's size.

I gotta call BS on that one.

-EarlJam

DukeDevil
06-03-2008, 10:44 AM
but...."He is not human, he is a piece of iron. "

OldPhiKap
06-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Drago didn't have Mick as a cut man. And that, my friend, makes all the difference in the world.

EarlJam
06-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Drago didn't have Mick as a cut man. And that, my friend, makes all the difference in the world.

I thought Mick was dead by then, no?

Also "piece" of iron? Did Drago really say that? How weak. Bad writing. A "piece" of iron is not intimidating. How about, "A wall of iron" or "A curtain of iron (reference to the Iron Curtain). Or perhaps, "A big 'ol hunk of iron?"

-EarlJam

jimbonelson
06-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Was All In The Training

Shammrog
06-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Man, I'm sorry, but there's just no way...........NO WAY.......Rocky could have beaten Ivan Drago back in the 80s. The fight had to be fixed.

-EarlJam

You are absolutely right! In real life, Drago would have killed Rocky and then eaten him whole. Like a boa constrictor.

2535Miles
06-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Apollo's Yankee arrogance led to his demise. Drago was insulted, so he fought hard for Mother Russia. This give him an incentive to win.

In the middle of the fight with Rocky, Drago realized that Mother Russia did not really care about their freakishly large boxing son as a person. He was just another cog in the broken wheel of Communism. Drago's feelings where hurt, so he lost faith in Mother Russia. He no longer had an incentive to win.

Rocky wins because Drago didn't like being a tool. I'm sure Brigitte Nielsen fits in there somewhere as well.

The real issue is that Rocky beat Clubber Lang. I pity the fool that doesn't think that fight was fixed.

NovaScotian
06-03-2008, 09:29 PM

-EarlJam

did you SEE those workout montages? rocky was lifting all sorts of crap in the snow, while drago was juicing it up in a lab somewhere, and we all know, cheaters never win. plus, once rocky won over the crowd it was all over for drago.

OldPhiKap
06-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Also "piece" of iron? Did Drago really say that? How weak. Bad writing. A "piece" of iron is not intimidating. -EarlJam

I've got a prison shiv to the contrary.

2535Miles
06-04-2008, 12:28 PM
I've got a prison shiv to the contrary.
Not to thread hijack, but I just saw American Me (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103671/) last night; lots of shiv action in the movie. Made me queasy.