PDA

View Full Version : Beef-A-Roni

EarlJam
05-29-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm eating Beef-A-Roni for dinner. What the hell is wrong with me?

It's delicious though. I don't think I've had Beef-A-Roni in years.

What are some food that you all have recently eaten for the first time in years? Another thing that comes to mind are those Flav-O-Pops. Saw someone eating one the other day and thought, I've got to get a box of those babies!

-EJ

DevilAlumna
05-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Mr. DA had a craving like this recently. Unfortunately, it was while we were in Costco. We now have a box of 48 (minus 3) corndogs in our freezer.

But Beef-a-roni (the chef boyardee offering, yes?) is truly delicious. I alternate between it and spaghettio's for my pasta/junkfood fix.

colchar
05-29-2008, 08:19 PM
If Beef-a-Roni is the San Fransisco treat, San Fran can keep it.*

*Since Earljam, who normally catches sarcasm, didn't realize I was joking I thought I would add this in so that others realized it.

EarlJam
05-29-2008, 08:20 PM
If Beef-a-Roni is the San Fransisco treat, San Fran can keep it.

DUDE. That's "Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco Treat."

Jesus.

-EarlJam

colchar
05-29-2008, 08:25 PM
DUDE. That's "Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco Treat."

Jesus.

-EarlJam

I was joking.

EarlJam
05-29-2008, 08:31 PM
I was joking.

Sorry. Shnik! I should have known that. I'm not myself today. Actually stayed home from work sick.

-EarlJam

2535Miles
05-29-2008, 08:50 PM
I feel you on this. Sometimes you have to slum it and get some ghetto grub. I'm a big fan of Swedish Meatballs, and Hamburger Helper. Wash it down with cool PBR and I'll start having flashbacks.

brevity
05-29-2008, 10:22 PM
What the hell is wrong with me?

Attention moderators: this should be a separate thread.

colchar
05-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Sorry. Shnik! I should have known that. I'm not myself today. Actually stayed home from work sick.

-EarlJam

Might it have something to do with you encounter with the cougar the other night?

EarlJam
05-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Attention moderators: this should be a separate thread.

Good one!

ghost
05-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Mac & Cheese... Blue box PLEEZE!
(with cut up hot dogs)

Also, my sister and I used to always mix popcorn and plain M&M's. I popped a bag at school the other day and discretely ate a bag of M&M's with it.

DevilAlumna
05-29-2008, 11:07 PM
(with cut up hot dogs)

Blue Box, definitely. It's just not real mac & cheese without kraft orange powder cheeze.

Try throwing in a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, and a can of tuna (yes, at the same time.) Ymmm.

ghost
05-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Blue Box, definitely. It's just not real mac & cheese without kraft orange powder cheeze.

Try throwing in a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, and a can of tuna (yes, at the same time.) Ymmm.

I would think that would make it taste like metal!

devildeac
05-29-2008, 11:53 PM
need more beer:D:o:p;) (but no more emoticons)

DevilAlumna
05-30-2008, 12:28 AM
I would think that would make it taste like metal!

Okay, smartie. :rolleyes:

(always prefer a smart-arse to a dumb-arse, tho....)

ghost
05-30-2008, 12:44 AM
Okay, smartie. :rolleyes:

(always prefer a smart-arse to a dumb-arse, tho....)

Sorry... couldn't resist :o

CathyCA
05-30-2008, 12:50 AM
Might it have something to do with you encounter with the cougar the other night?

Um, no.

OZZIE4DUKE
05-30-2008, 01:02 AM

Um, no.

Cathy, were you with Earljam the other night? If not, how would you know? :D

DukieInKansas
05-30-2008, 01:03 AM
(with cut up hot dogs)

Also, my sister and I used to always mix popcorn and plain M&M's. I popped a bag at school the other day and discretely ate a bag of M&M's with it.

My sister and I used to do the popcorn/M&M thing at the movies. We would buy the popcorn there and sneak in our own M&Ms. Now you have given me a new craving. This may be a movie weekend with buttered popcorn and M&Ms.

CathyCA
05-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Cathy, were you with Earljam the other night? If not, how would you know?

Hmmm. . . I don't kiss and tell. ;)

colchar
05-30-2008, 10:04 AM

I can't believe yuo people are extolling the virtues of Kraft Dinner (hint...it doesn't have any).

colchar
05-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Um, no.

How would you know?!?

colchar
05-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Hmmm. . . I don't kiss and tell. ;)

No worries. I've got $20 that says Earljam does. He'll give us the scoop.

EarlJam
05-30-2008, 10:08 AM
No worries. I've got $20 that says Earljam does. He'll give us the scoop.

Why does a song by Bonnie Raitt come to mind here? :)

-EJ

Bluedawg
05-30-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm eating Beef-A-Roni for dinner. What the hell is wrong with me?

It's delicious though. I don't think I've had Beef-A-Roni in years.

What are some food that you all have recently eaten for the first time in years? Another thing that comes to mind are those Flav-O-Pops. Saw someone eating one the other day and thought, I've got to get a box of those babies!

-EJ

Oh i love it. i make it from scratch a lot...and my family loves it.

I've returned to eating banana sandwiches and Fried Baloney sandwiches

EarlJam
05-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Oh i love it. i make it from scratch a lot...and my family loves it.

I've returned to eating banana sandwiches and Fried Baloney sandwiches

Damn snap diggity! I love me some banana sandwiches!

-EarlJam

captmojo
05-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Tooting my horn...I invented the peanut butter and jelly sammich.Really! I've been waiting for royalties, year after year.(crickets)

DukieInKansas
05-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Tooting my horn...I invented the peanut butter and jelly sammich.Really! I've been waiting for royalties, year after year.(crickets)

I've been wondering where to send the check. :)

captmojo
05-30-2008, 05:17 PM
Hey, I've been waiting so long that I just gave up the rights to public domain.

Please enjoy and raise a glass of milk in my honor. I'll be very happy with that toast as a legacy.

EarlJam
05-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Please enjoy and raise a glass of milk in my honor. I'll be very happy with that toast as a legacy.

Toast blows.

-EJ

2535Miles
05-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Toast blows.

No way? Toast is like rice, mashed potatoes, spoons, etc. They are all perfectly suitable vehicles for delivering gravy or butter to my mouth.

Bluedawg
05-31-2008, 12:03 AM
Damn snap diggity! I love me some banana sandwiches!

-EarlJam

Do you use Mayo or peanut butter?

ghost
05-31-2008, 12:36 AM
Fluffernutter all the way!

05dukie
05-31-2008, 02:03 AM
it's all about President's Choice White Cheddar mac and cheese

also, sometimes i mix the first three ingredients of choc chip cookies: butter, white sugar and brown sugar and eat it. delicious

EarlJam
05-31-2008, 07:47 AM
Do you use Mayo or peanut butter?

Light Mayo or Miracle Whip; with salt and pepper.

-EJ

P.S. Also love tomato sandwiches, made the same way, only with tomatoes instead of nanners.

Jarhead
05-31-2008, 10:54 AM
Both. Really, but not lately. Uh, Miracle Whip, actually.

Bluedawg
06-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Light Mayo or Miracle Whip; with salt and pepper.

-EJ

P.S. Also love tomato sandwiches, made the same way, only with tomatoes instead of nanners.

crunchy peanut butter. Just finished one actually. tomato sandwiches I enjoy with mayo. then there is the egg and bacon sandwich...with yellow mustard and cheese

TillyGalore
06-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Now I'm craving beef-a-roni. Oh and I'm craving a pickle. Beef-a-roni and pickles. Was craving spagetti-o's earlier.

BlueDevilBaby
06-04-2008, 03:44 PM
I'd love me some Raviolios right now. This post is making me hungry.

BTW, got to be peanut butter and banana. Also like the fluff.

2535Miles
06-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Now I'm craving beef-a-roni. Oh and I'm craving a pickle. Beef-a-roni and pickles. Was craving spagetti-o's earlier.
I could not live in a world without pickles. I love them all.

EarlJam
06-04-2008, 05:28 PM
I could not live in a world without pickles. I love them all.

I, EarlJam, would weep for hours, gnashing my teeth, if pickles were outlawed. I LOVE pickles.

-PickleJam

ghost
06-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Our new summer thing is we buy fresh cucumbers and either put them in the jar of pickle juice, when we eat all of the jarred pickles or my husband has been playing around with vinegar and seasonings and then we slice up cukes and soak them in it. It makes such a good summer snack! I'm thinking about adding other things too, like pearl onions. YUM!

2535Miles
06-05-2008, 01:48 AM
Pickles are an art. Eating them is the purest pleasure. I could never pick a favorite pickle. It all depends on what you're eating. Are you having a killer deli sandwich? Are you eating a cheeseburger? Are you having a club sandwich or a hot dog? For each, there is a perfect pickle, a condiment that completes the meal. It is the perfect addition to everything... except Birthday Cake

devildeac
06-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Pickles are an art. Eating them is the purest pleasure. I could never pick a favorite pickle. It all depends on what you're eating. Are you having a killer deli sandwich? Are you eating a cheeseburger? Are you having a club sandwich or a hot dog? For each, there is a perfect pickle, a condiment that completes the meal. It is the perfect addition to everything... except Birthday Cake

I would not have one in my breakfast cereal either:o

2535Miles
06-05-2008, 02:07 PM
I would not have one in my breakfast cereal either:o
You are eating the wrong cereal!:D

devildeac
06-05-2008, 02:21 PM
You are eating the wrong cereal!:D

and in what cereal would you put pickles:o:eek:?

blublood
06-05-2008, 02:43 PM

Wow, is there something you'd like to tell us, Tilly?? :D

I recently re-discovered the joy of Nutella. My husband thinks it's the best thing to ever come out of Europe and I agree, representative government notwithstanding.

TillyGalore
06-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Wow, is there something you'd like to tell us, Tilly?? :D

Ask me in 9 months. KIDDING!!!! I'm just craving pickles. Actually, I'm craving anything anyone mentions. I even craved water yesterday.

I recently re-discovered the joy of Nutella. My husband thinks it's the best thing to ever come out of Europe and I agree, representative government notwithstanding.

I love nutella! I've been told it's great on pancakes, though haven't tried it. I'll bet it's something you can put on a PB sandwich. Now I'm craving PB and nutella.

2535Miles
06-05-2008, 03:14 PM
and in what cereal would you put pickles:o:eek:?
Good point. It's time to reinvent cereal.

TillyGalore
06-05-2008, 03:36 PM

Maybe you can invent a cereal with little burgers and hot dogs to put in with little pickles. Instead of using milk on the cereal one could pour their favorite beer on it.

devildeac
06-05-2008, 04:32 PM

let's see, pickles are crunchy, how about Cap'n Crunch:eek::o:rolleyes:?

devildeac
06-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Maybe you can invent a cereal with little burgers and hot dogs to put in with little pickles. Instead of using milk on the cereal one could pour their favorite beer on it.

You may be on to something. Perhaps THAT'S why they called bud "the breakfast of champions":rolleyes::o. You were the 1st on the OTB to concoct a beer float, could you be the 1st to pair a certain style of beer with a certain kind of cereal;)?

ghost
06-05-2008, 04:41 PM
let's see, pickles are crunchy, how about Cap'n Crunch:eek::o:rolleyes:?

I just had Cap'n Crunch this morning and one of the other students in my lab said that he can't eat it because it hurts the roof of his mouth. wimp.

TillyGalore
06-05-2008, 04:46 PM
You may be on to something. Perhaps THAT'S why they called bud "the breakfast of champions":rolleyes::o. You were the 1st on the OTB to concoct a beer float, could you be the 1st to pair a certain style of beer with a certain kind of cereal;)?

I'm going to leave beer in certain kinds of cereal to someone else.

devildeac
06-05-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm going to leave beer in certain kinds of cereal to someone else.

I promise it will NOT be me!

(although they do make some stouts with oatmeal so does that count:o)

(some beers are also made with wheat[not the bass fishing poster guy who likes the heels]-does that count:o)

(another thought-I have heard that some of the mass produced swills will add rice as a "filler"-does that count:rolleyes:). Maybe they ought to call it bud-ricer:eek:.