PDA

View Full Version : Beer League

EarlJam
05-26-2008, 01:03 AM
Beer League, not to be confused at all with that other "beer" move, is funny as hell.

Just saw it tonight. Is it silly? Yes. But it's funny as hell - especially if you've ever played in a crappy softball league.

-EarlJam

devildeac
05-26-2008, 09:18 AM
Beer League, not to be confused at all with that other "beer" move, is funny as hell.

Just saw it tonight. Is it silly? Yes. But it's funny as hell - especially if you've ever played in a crappy softball league.

-EarlJam

All right, EJ, you sucked me into this one. I have read your post so I may as well respond to it (padding my totals, you know, or something on that order:o;)). My sporting abilities at this age are pretty mediocre now so I can't imagine trying to play golf/tennis/hoops/ski/softball after an adult beverage or two (or more).

Channing
05-26-2008, 09:22 AM

-EarlJam

is this movie currently in theatres?

EarlJam
05-26-2008, 10:43 AM
is this movie currently in theatres?

No. It was on Comedy Central last night. The team reminded me of a lot of teams I used to play both for and against. It really does capture the "softball mentality" of many who play.

Overall, I love playing (or used to), but some guys take this sport wayyyyyyyy too seriously (e.g. bragging about batting .600 when you are hitting a ball twice as big as a baseball and it's underhanded to you.)

-EarlJam