PDA

View Full Version : The dentist - how do you feel about going?

EarlJam
05-09-2008, 01:52 PM
I actually love going to the dentist (honestly). Three reasons: 1) A break from the norm; 2) My dentist is cool, and his assistants are cool and pretty and 3) Nitros Oxide every visit!

I look forward to my dentist visits much more than say, going to get a haircut.

What about all of you?

-EarlJam

Johnboy
05-09-2008, 02:00 PM
You get nitrous every visit?

I like going to the dentist just fine, but I dont' get nitrous. I like having freshly cleaned teeth. I'm not partial to the scraping, but I've rarely had any problems, so it's not a big deal.

My brothers-in-law are dentists in practice together, so it's free for me and my family, which is nice.

Shammrog
05-09-2008, 02:04 PM
I don't mind. Most of my dental hygienists have been hot. So, I eat a whole box of Oreo cookies before I go.

2535Miles
05-09-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't loathe the experience, but for me, going to the dentist is a lot like putting gas in my car. It's a necessity, but an inconvenience that I find rather annoying. :p

EarlJam
05-09-2008, 02:23 PM
You get nitrous every visit?

I like going to the dentist just fine, but I dont' get nitrous. I like having freshly cleaned teeth. I'm not partial to the scraping, but I've rarely had any problems, so it's not a big deal.

My brothers-in-law are dentists in practice together, so it's free for me and my family, which is nice.

Yes. Every visit. Not because I am nervous, rather, I just enjoy it. My dentist knows this and he and the assistants get quite a kick out of it.

"Teeth cleaning eh? Nitros, right?"

"Yep!"

Let the fun begin.

There was one visit last year where we were having so much fun he and his assistant had to leave the room to take a break. We were all laughing so hard we had tears in our eyes.

-EarlJam

blublood
05-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Every time I go to the dentist, he lectures me about having my wisdom teeth out. I am NOT having my wisdom teeth out unless there's some compelling reason to because not only are they severely impacted, but apparently the nerves to my face are ensnarled in the roots and if they come out, there's a chance of damaging the nerves.

He tells me this *every single time* and I'm like, "Dude, if you want me to have them out, stop talking about facial paralysis. If you don't want me to have them out, then shut up about it!"

BlueDevilBaby
05-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Can't stand it. I had a dentist who was drill happy and then he started wearing magnifiers on his glasses. Had a serious panic attack and haven't been back since. But I am going soon because I broke a filling and am having TMJ issues. I'm panicked just thinking about it. Thanks for starting this post.;)

DevilAlumna
05-09-2008, 03:43 PM
I like going, if only because my dentist is cool. We met while rowing. I was stroke, she was 7, we got to talking, and turns out her office was right behind my house. And yes, just the fact that she rows makes her cool.

But otherwise, eh... I like having clean teeth, but basically it's just an annoying disruption to my week.

TillyGalore
05-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Can't stand it. I had a dentist who was drill happy and then he started wearing magnifiers on his glasses. Had a serious panic attack and haven't been back since. But I am going soon because I broke a filling and am having TMJ issues. I'm panicked just thinking about it. Thanks for starting this post.;)

Maybe you should see EarlJam's dentist. Or, just bring EarlJam next time. Sounds like he has A LOT of fun at the dentist.

BlueDevilBaby
05-09-2008, 04:45 PM
^It might just be worth the flight to Atlanta.

ugadevil
05-09-2008, 05:01 PM
My last dental experience was with the oral surgeon. I had all my wisdom teeth taken out and was knocked out when they did it. The nurse came and woke me up and told me to go to the bathroom. I wasn't really coherent but I remember the bathroom being in the waiting room and I was too drugged up to think to close the door. I don't remember much about that day, but I'm sure many people won't forget it any time soon.

YmoBeThere
05-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Every time I seem to find a dentist, I end up moving shortly thereafter. So, if I want to stay somewhere, I just don't go to the dentist.